IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester today
6/23/19, 6:05 PM   #21
RichH

Great day at Winchester.A trip down memory lane for me and my son who I first took there as a toddler. Drive through the countryside, watching hot laps from the infield, fast,safe racing, home for dinner! Let’s do this more often!!
A constructive question: what needs to happen to get a fuller field? ie four heats, a consy and feature? Or am I just fantasizing?

6/23/19, 7:25 PM   #22
sprintracer82

Five cars were missing do to engine failure or major crashes. They are not far off from having good size fields. The core Anderson group of cars won't get off the porch and travel outside of Anderson.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, Pat O'Connor Fan
6/23/19, 7:29 PM   #23
FrankR63

20 bucks in 2019 is nothing. 20 bucks a head, look at the crowd, no one is getting rich. You want this option moving forward, go, pay the 20 and be glad for the opportunity. Cannot believe this is not evident, salty, give me a break.

6/23/19, 7:46 PM   #24
Re: Winchester today
Midget51

Enjoyed seeing the non wing sprints that have been gone for to long. My daughter brother and niece all had a good time much better than staying at home. hopefully this is the start of something good for years to come

6/23/19, 7:50 PM   #25
red 12

I feel I more than got my 20 bucks worth. The history and just getting to see Sprints back on Winchester. My Son , Daughter in law and one of my grand daughters . Nice day.

6/23/19, 8:04 PM   #26
Re: Winchester today
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

FrankR, I'm with you. Can't believe someone would say $20 to see sprint car racing at Winchester "is a little salty". Obviously the great crowd was happy to pay the $20. And better yet, if you were a HARF member, you got in for half price, $10! How else were they going to pay the great purse they put up today. Very cool that all the lap sponsorships were sold out, too.

Thanks Winchester Speedway, teams and drivers for a great day of racing! And for moving the program along to beat the rain. Let's do it again next year!

6/23/19, 9:02 PM   #27
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

I enjoyed it really good tight racing early in the feature well worth my $20

6/23/19, 9:23 PM   #28
hoosierboy3

I would also like to see more cars but it was still a stout field nonetheless. Heck, we even got a free golf cart ride from our car to the gate. But I would love to see guys like Welpott, Mccune, Donnie Adams, and the other guys that have a pavement sprinter. What stuck out to me was that Brian Gerster was not in attendance. His sponsor is from Winchester I believe

5 members like this post: #1jackhewittfan, duel, PatrickMead#13, Rapid Rick, tirespinner
6/23/19, 9:50 PM   #29
gtownplowboy

20 dollars is and was a bargain to see the sprint cars back on the high banks.you have to start somewhere with a series.great race, it was an experience that I hadn't had for a long time.did you go? If not you missed an experience.how they come back and bring 25 cars the next time..peace

6/24/19, 12:21 AM   #30
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
A constructive question: what needs to happen to get a fuller field? ie four heats, a consy and feature? Or am I just fantasizing?
Maybe this?
https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...781&styleid=17
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester today