IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Importance of using descriptive thread titles
12/10/11, 11:21 AM   #1
Importance of using descriptive thread titles
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I've been reviewing the site and noticed quite a few thread titles that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to a first time reader or someone who doesn't have lengthy knowledge of our sport.

When deciding what your thread title is going to be try to use actual names rather than our own lingo.

I'll use D.O.'s latest thread... "BC to run Indy" Any search engine crawler would have a hard time figuring out what this really means. A thread title like "Bryan Clauson to race 2012 Indy 500" would be better. It helps promote Bryan, the Indy 500, and IOW.

A few days ago, I saw LPSInsider post a thread title "We thank all who helped make this happen" A thread title like this "Indiana Sprint Week returns to Lincoln Park Speedway" would be better.

Many of us use the word "BURG" when describing Lawrenceburg Speedway or LPS when describing Lincoln Park Speedway. There are many examples like this.

By using more descriptive thread titles, you help search engines find relevant information plus it kind of helps promote the sport.

This also applies to other websites... Descriptive page titles are also important and will help search engines discover your website.

For the most part this is common knowledge to webmasters, but it's just one of those small details most people never think about.

Don't worry... It's not a rule, just something to think about.

BTW... I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

12/10/11, 11:51 AM   #2
dirttrackfan

I love to stay at Holiday Inn Express!!
LOL!!😄

Posted via Mobile Device

12/12/11, 3:52 PM   #3
Re: Importance of using descriptive thread titles
wbr

Thanks Bill. You nailed this one.

12/13/11, 6:54 AM   #4
Gregg

So "Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges" wouldn't be such a good thread title.

Thank's Bill.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
12/14/11, 4:47 PM   #5
DAD

I thought you said "DECEPTIVE" thread titles.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Importance of using descriptive thread titles