IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
smith19 (Offline)
  #1 9/16/17 9:07 PM
nascar modified star ted Christopher was killer in a plane crash today. he was enroute to riverhead raceway for a race.

CHRIS SMITH
3 Likes: Bostonian, LB, tirespinner
LB (Offline)
  #2 9/16/17 9:14 PM
G.D. airplanes , rip racer
3 Likes: Bostonian, interpreter66, tirespinner
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #3 9/17/17 2:34 AM
TC was a legend. man this one makes me sad.
3 Likes: Bostonian, EBookerFan, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 9/17/17 6:29 PM
A great loss for short track racing!

Ron Miller
3 Likes: Bostonian, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
etpro43 (Offline)
  #5 9/17/17 7:50 PM
Being from Bristol Ct only a few miles from TC's business this one stings. He may have been 59 years old but he still drove his heart out and had a huge passion for the sport. He was a throwback kinda driver that demanded respect every time he sat in the car. Wether it was racing or business he was a pleasure to talk with. By far the biggest draw still on the tour, love him or hate him everyone had an opinion. R.I.P. Champ
11 Likes: Bostonian, CCI, davidm, fish, nathans1012, PJ Wright, ronmil, smith19, tirespinner, WinglessLovers, Wizard 05
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #6 9/17/17 11:59 PM
My wife and I were on vacation this week in New Hampshire and went to Monadnock where the MTS modifieds were running that evening. The veteran announcer, Ben Dodge, was the traveling series announcer and broke the sad news to the crowd in attendance. Everyone was shocked to hear the news and the crowd drew silent. Before the 125 lap modified feature they had a tribute to Teddy by leaving the first position open and announcing him as starting on the pole. It was a tearful moment. Being originally from the Northeast we saw Ted Christopher run many, many times and he usually was the "show". He was always a hard charger and wasn't afraid to mix it up with anyone. Love him or hate him he was fun to watch!! We will surely miss watching Ted Christopher race again. We send our condolences to his wife and the rest of the immediate Christopher family in their time of sorrow and loss. He will indeed be sorely missed as he was one of the best in the asphalt modified circles and also won in many other kind of race cars including stock cars and super modifieds. Rest In Peace, Ted!!!

Bruce and Pat Eckel
12 Likes: Bostonian, CCI, davidm, EBookerFan, etpro43, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, mc/rider, PJ Wright, racer-x, ronmil, tirespinner
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #7 9/18/17 9:41 AM
The guy was a bad a-- racer. A week ago Saturday at the Waterford Speed Bowl I watched him start his SK modified at the rear of a 125 lap Modified Touring Series race and finish 6th even though he was down 100 to 150 HP to the MTS cars. Kieth Rocco who is a younger version of Ted Christopher did the same in his SK car and finished 3rd. Both the guys are shoes and now Kieth will carry the torch forward. Ted Christopher was a Champion and a Racer. My heart goes out to his family, friends and fans.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
4 Likes: Bostonian, ronmil, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Bostonian (Offline)
  #8 9/18/17 10:09 AM
I'm totally lost for words. Ted could drive and win in every type of car he chose. After breaking his wrist early in the tour race at the NH Mile. He finished driving the race with it. I believe it was 80 laps left to go. The following week he won. There was also the famous TC Rule. Tap you once to let you know he's behind you. Tap you twice, you better pick a lane. Tap you a third time and he's picking the lane for you!!!! He's the master of the Chrome Horn RIP Teddy
5 Likes: CCI, interpreter66, ronmil, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #9 9/18/17 10:51 AM
One night at New Smyrna he was driving a late model and was having a little trouble with another competitor. He walked up to the board to check out his starting spot and the guy he had the beef with was starting on the outside of him. "Wow, i wonder where he's gonna land ! ! ! " Teddy declared. The guy heard him and ran into the office and grabbed the closest official. Classic TC. What a loss. Rest in peace my friend.
7 Likes: Bostonian, CCI, interpreter66, LB, ronmil, tirespinner, WinglessLovers