IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #141 10/3/14 12:58 AM
Bill I'll buy the car if you have the motor!
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #142 10/3/14 1:59 AM
The racesaver class at eagle is their top class, not a support class, so that is why their purse is what it is. Personally, if there was a need for another class I would have liked it to be the non-wing lightning sprints. I just hope the new clay isn't full of silt to accommodate winged racing. They already ruined THAT with it. I'd hate to see them ruin Bloomington too.
P.S. Wings Suck.
Panama (Offline)
  #143 10/3/14 9:32 AM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
The racesaver class at eagle is their top class, not a support class, so that is why their purse is what it is. Personally, if there was a need for another class I would have liked it to be the non-wing lightning sprints. I just hope the new clay isn't full of silt to accommodate winged racing. They already ruined THAT with it. I'd hate to see them ruin Bloomington too.
P.S. Wings Suck.
Seriously?
How do you properly mix Indiana red clay with silt, and supposedly Bloomington Speedway would do this to accomadate a new "evil wing" support class and in doing so run the risk of ruining racing in all other classes?
Really?

In total honesty, when I first heard this new class was going to be added, I was not in favor. But I took the time to try and understand their reasoning, and you know what, it makes sense after all.

Time will tell if they are right or wrong. But you have to understand one thing, the track is trying to survive in a very tough economy.

And by the way, "I" have seen the clay myself, and it is SILT FREE good ol' Indiana Red Clay!

So at least that issue is put to rest.
6 Likes: buck2, DAD, dusty tracks, Fox.53, Josh Kinser, racephoto1
Bill May (Offline)
  #144 10/3/14 11:49 AM
Andy, I'm working on one, may have two ? I will stay in touch.

Bill May
sp6967 (Offline)
  #145 10/3/14 1:15 PM
instead of adding another class why not promote and try to get butts in the stands.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, dshort36, hbmundy, mlamb
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #146 10/3/14 2:30 PM
Good to hear no silt. I didn't mean to offend you dude but one of my favorite tracks, Angell Park, just ruined their surface last year when they decided to go winged sprints. I ate more **** sitting there last year than the previous 30. Seen it happen several other places you wouldn't expect.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #147 10/3/14 2:58 PM
Originally Posted by Panama:
Seriously?
How do you properly mix Indiana red clay with silt.
Two cups of sugar with one egg lighty mixed. At least that is how I always mixed it.
Panama (Offline)
  #148 10/3/14 3:06 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Two cups of sugar with one egg lighty mixed. At least that is how I always mixed it.
Oops, they may have left out the sugar? But I know they got the egg in it.

Photo by Doug Vandeventer;
3 Likes: DaveP63, HurstBros0, Josh Kinser
old timer (Offline)
  #149 10/3/14 4:27 PM
These car will not tear up the track,guys the isn't going to be very many of them.
Josh Kinser (Offline)
  #150 10/3/14 11:12 PM
Ive heard different views on this new class, some good , some negative....well most have been negative. In my opinion, running the cars with wings is the only way to go. If they run with wings there will be a clear way for fans to separate them from the other class of sprint cars. I think if they were to be ran non wing, while it would please the hard core fan base, it would mainly confuse the average fan, and they would basically just become known as the slower class of sprint cars. With a wing on, the 305s will be turning similar times to the non wing 410s, so the speed factor will still be there, plus there will be a obvious visual difference to separate the classes. I think it will be a good change up of routine, whick I think is greatly needed for both fans and drivers. It will regain the interest of veteran fans, and potentially bring in a whole new crop of fans. If the class will succeed or fail is yet to be seen, but one thing is for sure, if everyone has a negative attitude about it, it will be sure to fail. Some people prefer wing, some prefer non-wing, so why not cater to both of the fans flavors?
4 Likes: Bill May, buck2, DaveP63, PIT CART