IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
10/3/14, 12:58 AM   #141
Bradleyracing86

Bill I'll buy the car if you have the motor!

10/3/14, 1:59 AM   #142
ThrowbackRacingTeam

The racesaver class at eagle is their top class, not a support class, so that is why their purse is what it is. Personally, if there was a need for another class I would have liked it to be the non-wing lightning sprints. I just hope the new clay isn't full of silt to accommodate winged racing. They already ruined THAT with it. I'd hate to see them ruin Bloomington too.
P.S. Wings Suck.

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/3/14, 9:32 AM   #143
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
The racesaver class at eagle is their top class, not a support class, so that is why their purse is what it is. Personally, if there was a need for another class I would have liked it to be the non-wing lightning sprints. I just hope the new clay isn't full of silt to accommodate winged racing. They already ruined THAT with it. I'd hate to see them ruin Bloomington too.
P.S. Wings Suck.
Seriously?
How do you properly mix Indiana red clay with silt, and supposedly Bloomington Speedway would do this to accomadate a new "evil wing" support class and in doing so run the risk of ruining racing in all other classes?
Really?

In total honesty, when I first heard this new class was going to be added, I was not in favor. But I took the time to try and understand their reasoning, and you know what, it makes sense after all.

Time will tell if they are right or wrong. But you have to understand one thing, the track is trying to survive in a very tough economy.

And by the way, "I" have seen the clay myself, and it is SILT FREE good ol' Indiana Red Clay!

So at least that issue is put to rest.

6 members like this post: buck2, DAD, dusty tracks, Fox.53, Josh Kinser, racephoto1
10/3/14, 11:49 AM   #144
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
Bill May

Andy, I'm working on one, may have two ? I will stay in touch.

Bill May

10/3/14, 1:15 PM   #145
sp6967

instead of adding another class why not promote and try to get butts in the stands.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, dshort36, hbmundy, mlamb
10/3/14, 2:30 PM   #146
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Good to hear no silt. I didn't mean to offend you dude but one of my favorite tracks, Angell Park, just ruined their surface last year when they decided to go winged sprints. I ate more **** sitting there last year than the previous 30. Seen it happen several other places you wouldn't expect.

10/3/14, 2:58 PM   #147
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama View Post
Seriously?
How do you properly mix Indiana red clay with silt.
Two cups of sugar with one egg lighty mixed. At least that is how I always mixed it.

10/3/14, 3:06 PM   #148
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Two cups of sugar with one egg lighty mixed. At least that is how I always mixed it.
Oops, they may have left out the sugar? But I know they got the egg in it.

Photo by Doug Vandeventer;

3 members like this post: DaveP63, HurstBros0, Josh Kinser
10/3/14, 4:27 PM   #149
old timer

These car will not tear up the track,guys the isn't going to be very many of them.

10/3/14, 11:12 PM   #150
Josh Kinser

Ive heard different views on this new class, some good , some negative....well most have been negative. In my opinion, running the cars with wings is the only way to go. If they run with wings there will be a clear way for fans to separate them from the other class of sprint cars. I think if they were to be ran non wing, while it would please the hard core fan base, it would mainly confuse the average fan, and they would basically just become known as the slower class of sprint cars. With a wing on, the 305s will be turning similar times to the non wing 410s, so the speed factor will still be there, plus there will be a obvious visual difference to separate the classes. I think it will be a good change up of routine, whick I think is greatly needed for both fans and drivers. It will regain the interest of veteran fans, and potentially bring in a whole new crop of fans. If the class will succeed or fail is yet to be seen, but one thing is for sure, if everyone has a negative attitude about it, it will be sure to fail. Some people prefer wing, some prefer non-wing, so why not cater to both of the fans flavors?
Last edited by Josh Kinser; 10/3/14 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Grammar

4 members like this post: Bill May, buck2, DaveP63, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015