Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorsen Language
7/31/21, 3:01 PM   #41
Re: Thorsen Language
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Yeah Brady Bacon’s t-shirt is more offensive than an accidental F bomb after a heated battle. The first time I saw it I couldn’t believe they actually had those shirts made. I doubt August Hoffman would have allowed it. Low class trailer trash.
Seriously? As good of middle class family people as I've ever known

That's way above most kids heads and I see happy couples both wearing that shirt.
Suggestive, yes, but it's a number

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
7/31/21, 5:58 PM   #42
bsmith8

[ I thought you was serious at first but when you said Foyt never cussed I knew it was a Joke. Like when Foyt cussed out Jeff Andretti on National TV..QUOTE=HDbill;542638]"the use of profanity is a clear indication of a poor education. That limited a persons vocabulary. And resulted in a failure to be able to communicate". Sadly this is common today. And we sit back and simply accept it. This is actually the same mindset that allows shop lifters to avoid prosecution. It is simply tolerated in many places today. Tolerance is a slippery slope. Am I the only one that was tired of the endless drivers saying "thanks to my crew that worked their asses off to get me here"; starting about 15 years ago? Is it just too hard to say something like "Thanks to my amazing crew. This win is for them"? I never heard this low level language from any of the really greats like the Unsers, Foyt, Andretti, Mears etc. for the public to hear. Same thing with lower lever champs like KO and Ray Bull. Shop talk back in the garage away from the public is something else. Demonstration of personal dignity would be an improvement. I stopped taking kids to "pro races" a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

4 members like this post: dirt330, Eatin Dirt, tirespinner, TNRustler
7/31/21, 7:27 PM   #43
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
To some it’s not ok to cuss, but how many young kids you see wearing Bacon shirts that read “ wine me dine me 69 me”! No way I’d let my 12-16 kid have one of those. I like Bacon, but no way in hellz I’d buy my pre teen or teenage daughter one of them.
When Brent Kaeding ran a couple races for us he gave me one of his shirts that said that. LOL

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, CRA91
8/1/21, 1:45 PM   #44
jim goerge

If you all are worried about what Tanner said , You probley shouldn"t sit next to me at a race.

8/1/21, 4:02 PM   #45
racenut69

Me as well!....

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/1/21, 8:24 PM   #46
JarrettFarms73

I’ll give Tanner a pass… this time.

I did however find his inclusion of Kristy’s personal life in bad taste making the F-bomb that much more cringe worthy. Especially considering the nightly “good, clean, family fun” promo campaign happening from the announcers booth.

Overall, IMHO it’s not a good look for Tanner, USAC, or LPS.

2 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, tirespinner
8/1/21, 10:02 PM   #47
Greatful Ted

Thorsen's a freaking cry baby.................It started at big diamond and it continues, its just a matter of time till this guy get's packed into the wall.
Its just racing..................right???????????? back in the days no mic no camera, the boys just settle it in the pits
Thanks A.J. , Mario, Jonny, Al, the list goes on................................................

3 members like this post: kinser, sw1911, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorsen Language