IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #11 6/10/14 2:26 PM
Originally Posted by BigWheel7:
This seems to be the remark from most on here, lol. I planned on going just never been for a midget week race. I've been to some midget races before where less than 20 was there just checking on what the knowledgeable folks think.
And you came here looking for knowledgeable folks? Just kidding. Car count to me is mostly hit and miss. I don't need quantity to make it a good show, I just want to see quality. I have seen 45-50 car shows that weren't that great while attending a 15 car show that was outstanding. With USAC being involved, 32 is the number most folks look at. That is the number they normally lock into 4 heat races. If you get a lot more than that, you have qualifiers which many times don't produce good racing and just puts more wear and tear on the track surface. Anything less can still produce great racing depending upon who shows up. I'm sure that helps you out a lot. Clear as mud right?

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, cwfan08
racenut69 (Offline)
  #12 6/10/14 6:43 PM
You won't be disappointed and I've never been to In. Midget Week,unless Mom Nature is pizzy!..

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
Onlydirt (Offline)
  #13 6/10/14 7:49 PM
Well the plan is to drag the family and enjoy the day. 2hrs is probably my limit Quinn~!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, mowerman, racenut69
mowerman (Offline)
  #14 6/10/14 8:09 PM
Originally Posted by Onlydirt:
Well the plan is to drag the family and enjoy the day. 2hrs is probably my limit Quinn~!
You went to the Burg once ,
BigWheel7 (Offline)
  #15 6/10/14 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
And you came here looking for knowledgeable folks? Just kidding. Car count to me is mostly hit and miss. I don't need quantity to make it a good show, I just want to see quality. I have seen 45-50 car shows that weren't that great while attending a 15 car show that was outstanding. With USAC being involved, 32 is the number most folks look at. That is the number they normally lock into 4 heat races. If you get a lot more than that, you have qualifiers which many times don't produce good racing and just puts more wear and tear on the track surface. Anything less can still produce great racing depending upon who shows up. I'm sure that helps you out a lot. Clear as mud right?

Well there is always at least one knowledgeable person to the 100 of us that arent, right?

Either way I plan to make it if that r word stays away.
Onlydirt (Offline)
  #16 6/11/14 2:30 AM
Originally Posted by mowerman:
You went to the Burg once ,
More than once Bob...just not more than 5 times lol

Waynesfield once also!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #17 6/11/14 5:16 AM
That was changed to 40 with ten car heats. Over that you have qualifiers

Charles Nungester
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #18 6/11/14 9:51 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
That was changed to 40 with ten car heats. Over that you have qualifiers
I stand corrected. Didn't I tell you BigWheel7 about looking for knowledgeable people on IOW. Now you know where I rank in the 100.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
BigWheel7 (Offline)
  #19 6/12/14 6:48 AM
I stand corrected. Didn't I tell you BigWheel7 about looking for knowledgeable people on IOW. Now you know where I rank in the 100.
Hell I just post on a forum and complain about waiting around. I don't know anything at all.