IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What is good about Midget racing.
7/31/15, 7:37 AM   #1
What is good about Midget racing.
Jonr

It was good to see that USAC had more cars (31) at the midget nationals than NSL (23) OR ASCS (30) had at thier show at I80. I know that this was a one night occurance. I know that on average that the other series probably will draw higher that the USAC midgets. I know that the midget nationals are one of the best paying events of the year for midgets. I know that this race is one of the "crown jewels" of midget racing. It just feels good to celebrate some good news. I am looking forward to being at Belleville on Saturday night.

7/31/15, 4:30 PM   #2
Re: What is good about Midget racing.
Roy Bleckert

This thread should be fun ! Whats good about Midget Racing is that it can provide a path for racers to hone there race craft, & could be a vehicle for greater interest from a fan/participant perspective in open wheel racing !

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/31/15, 5:02 PM   #3
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bleckert View Post
This thread should be fun ! Whats good about Midget Racing is that it can provide a path for racers to hone there race craft, & could be a vehicle for greater interest from a fan/participant perspective in open wheel racing !
Roy

This is going to be hard to build on. *******(she dogging)* is a lot easier than singing praise about anything.

One thing for sure would be the recent resurgence of the less expensive classes of midget racing. More and more classes are racing with the less expensive cars on a weekly or semi weekly basis at small tracks all over the country

Honest Dad himself.
Last edited by DAD; 7/31/15 at 5:04 PM.

2 members like this post: Puppy, Roy Bleckert
7/31/15, 9:43 PM   #4
DAD

Roy

Has anyone noticed the enormous amount of exceptional talent racing midgets lately. One good thing about the NASCAR and Indy car being in a slight decline is we may have a few more years to enjoy this talent we have been blessed with.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Roy Bleckert
8/1/15, 6:59 PM   #5
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Roy

Has anyone noticed the enormous amount of exceptional talent racing midgets lately. One good thing about the NASCAR and Indy car being in a slight decline is we may have a few more years to enjoy this talent we have been blessed with.

Honest Dad himself
Midgets are a great venue for sharpening your race craft , Although they are getting away from this , you could run from a 1/10 mile indoor track to 1 mile dirt & paved ovals & everything in between !

8/1/15, 7:15 PM   #6
SpfldMile

Midgets are just as entertaining as any other form of racing, my opinion of course. I've seen many times when they are the undercard and steal the show.

2 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What is good about Midget racing.