IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar announcement.
1/24/17, 5:27 PM   #1
Nascar announcement.
david mitchell
Banned

Not really a nascar fan , but you have to admit the segment format is something they should have done years ago.No more three hour snooze fests until the last pit stop.I am actually a bit excited about the Nascar season starting.

2 members like this post: dirtball, SteveW
1/24/17, 5:55 PM   #2
Therealether

Still dont plan on watching Nascar.IMO they could have saved us all some brain cells by shortening the races and limiting tires.

3 members like this post: motorhead748, Rapid Rick, spicoli
1/24/17, 8:19 PM   #3
Re: Nascar announcement.
hairracer44

If they want segments why don't they just do heat races, B mains and an A main just like just about any short track. Don't start every car that shows up limit it to 25 or maybe 30 or so on a bigger track. Never mind that would make too much sense and we are talking about NASCAR. Bring on some local open wheel racing go out and support your local track and let NASCAR play their silly games.

1/24/17, 9:28 PM   #4
TQ29m

I have a lot of friends who make their livelihood with Nicecar, past and present, some I have worked with, and some I have raced with over the years, some are drivers, some are crew chiefs, some are crew members, in other words, in all phases of the performance, several owners have been to my shop, and while I am aware of the amount of money it takes to make a show out of it, I have to agree I'd like to see shorter races, I know that will never happen, but there are a lot of good people in the orchestra, who get paid a good bunch of money, to put on this long, long time, of putting on this show, I doubt it will ever change, or that I will ever not look forward to watching just a little of it, just because my friends work so hard to do it, plus, I have come to look forward to the nap that is always welcome and included, if I did that at any other race, I can't imagine how much heat I'd generate! Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 1/24/17 at 9:47 PM.

4 members like this post: dirt330, RadRacer, SteveW, turn4
1/24/17, 11:14 PM   #5
Blacki-Suede

Divide the cars into two groups (even number qualifiers and uneven numbered qualifiers). Run two 200 miles races, take the top 10 from each and run a 100 mile race for the event win.

4 members like this post: erich45, JordanBlanton, Speedwrench, superstock30
1/25/17, 8:08 AM   #6
PAW

No one really cares, do they?

1/25/17, 8:17 AM   #7
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

I certainly don't care one bit what they do! My hero's have all retired and I don't watch Napcar anymore! They ruined it years ago!

2 members like this post: superstock30, TQ29m
1/25/17, 9:17 AM   #8
Nate

The way I see it, NASCAR is dying. They're constantly changing their rules whether it's the race format, points/playoff system, cars, penalties, etc. Their races are long and boring and obviously manipulated. Their ticket sales are down, their ratings are falling every week and more sponsors are leaving the the sport than joining it, and the ones that are joining are bringing less money to the table than their predecessors. Hell, their purses aren't even public anymore and I don't think there is any question why.

That said, more than ever we need to market our sport. It's obvious that a vast number of traditional NASCAR fans are leaving that series behind and I think that trend will continue. If there were ever a time that USAC and other dirt series could attract new fans and show them what real racing is, now would be the opportune time. That also goes for other open wheel series such as IndyCar or Formula 1.
Last edited by Nate; 1/25/17 at 10:51 AM.

1/25/17, 10:48 AM   #9
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

The cool thing about NASCAR right now is a lot of short track are getting nice aluminum stands at a bargain.

1/25/17, 12:28 PM   #10
superstock30

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 15+

I would like to see Indycar make a comeback, the racing has been much better in the last few years! I personally think if some of the fans who have left Nascrap in the last few years would give Indycar a chance (not to mention USAC and all the local tracks), I think local short track racing could make a resurgence.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar announcement.