IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar announcement.
1/26/17, 1:25 PM   #31
Re: Nascar announcement.
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
Two more drivers I thought of that would fit the bill from USAC, Dave Darland and Robert Ballou. Cagey veteran and a Wild card in a plain white car with a black rear bumper. Ditch the pseudo diversity BS, its a sham and promotes race and gender over talent.
1) Shorten the races to 100 laps,
2) Draw and run 25 lap heats and Run C and B-mains,
3) Stock block & heads from a truck engine regardless of manufacturers design. No restrictor plates. 8 inch max width on tires.
4) Only 30 best start the feature, no provisionals, no special consideration, no promoters choice.
5) No cautions for anything but a disabled vehicle or fire, no competition yellows, no radios, no mirrors.
6) No spoilers, No bumps, No sway bars, No belted radials bias ply only.
7) Any suspension design front/rear, no independent rears.
No pitstops under caution

1/26/17, 1:29 PM   #32
darnall

Come on guys 2 whole days and nobody else has seen how revolutionary this idea is when put into the big picture...follow me here and tell me who doesn't think we can use this to change the entire world...

Why don't we push for hard firm laws worldwide that state we must now break up every workday or every class period in school into 3 segments....

And as long as you are present and/or actually doing something at the end of each of the first 2 segments you get a bonus... 5% of your daily wage bonus per segment...or 5% of the grade points available that day per segment.

We are already being paid to be there and be doing something, but provided we can simply adjust the timing of our bathroom breaks to insure that we are where we should be at 2 specific ticks of the clock each day we get a 10% bonus.

Heck...at any sporting event at the end of each quarter, inning or period lets give the team in the lead 2 more points for doing nothing beyond what they're paid to do.

Heck.... break any day into segments... if I end up in the checkout line at the grocery store at the end of a segment they owe me 5% more stuff for no reason other than a specific tick of the clock.. or if I just happen to be pumping gas when magictime comes the pump will either knock 5% off my total or squirt another 5% in for free.

When you really start thinking about it this shot in the dark NASCAR drama gimmick idea could be the very thing that transforms our society into the PC, non offensive, trophies for everybody, free everything for everybody, unicorns and rainbows world that a bunch of people have been pushing hard for the last 10-20 years.

MIKE HELTON FOR PRESIDENT IN 2020.... BRIAN FRANCE FOR EMPORER OF THE WORLD ASAP..... Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets change the world boys

1/26/17, 2:37 PM   #33
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I think there is another big area they are missing. NASCAR needs to reward bonus points for crashes. Since these hi-lites are so widely used to market the series.

Hitting the wall gets 5 bonus points.
A flip gets you 10.
If you cause the "Big One" you get 10 plus one for each car you also collect.
Flip, catch fire while causing the "Big One" on the last lap while crossing the finish line gets you right into the final championship race.

6 members like this post: fish, interpreter66, jim goerge, Speedwrench, The Old Coyote, TQ29m
1/26/17, 3:12 PM   #34
Speedwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I think there is another big area they are missing. NASCAR needs to reward bonus points for crashes. Since these hi-lites are so widely used to market the series.

Hitting the wall gets 5 bonus points.
A flip gets you 10.
If you cause the "Big One" you get 10 plus one for each car you also collect.
Flip, catch fire while causing the "Big One" on the last lap while crossing the finish line gets you right into the final championship race.
And if you win the thing after having done all that , they automatically made you the champ.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge
1/26/17, 11:18 PM   #35
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
Come on guys 2 whole days and nobody else has seen how revolutionary this idea is when put into the big picture...follow me here and tell me who doesn't think we can use this to change the entire world...

Why don't we push for hard firm laws worldwide that state we must now break up every workday or every class period in school into 3 segments....

And as long as you are present and/or actually doing something at the end of each of the first 2 segments you get a bonus... 5% of your daily wage bonus per segment...or 5% of the grade points available that day per segment.

We are already being paid to be there and be doing something, but provided we can simply adjust the timing of our bathroom breaks to insure that we are where we should be at 2 specific ticks of the clock each day we get a 10% bonus.

Heck...at any sporting event at the end of each quarter, inning or period lets give the team in the lead 2 more points for doing nothing beyond what they're paid to do.

Heck.... break any day into segments... if I end up in the checkout line at the grocery store at the end of a segment they owe me 5% more stuff for no reason other than a specific tick of the clock.. or if I just happen to be pumping gas when magictime comes the pump will either knock 5% off my total or squirt another 5% in for free.

When you really start thinking about it this shot in the dark NASCAR drama gimmick idea could be the very thing that transforms our society into the PC, non offensive, trophies for everybody, free everything for everybody, unicorns and rainbows world that a bunch of people have been pushing hard for the last 10-20 years.

MIKE HELTON FOR PRESIDENT IN 2020.... BRIAN FRANCE FOR EMPORER OF THE WORLD ASAP..... Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets change the world boys
You had me worried at first, then the sarcasm kicked in
Last edited by Aces&Eights; 1/27/17 at 8:38 AM.

1/27/17, 10:40 AM   #36
TQ29m

I never noticed any "sarcasm", ever in anything Darnall pecks! Bob

1/27/17, 8:49 PM   #37
toprowjim

As an open wheel fan (midgets, sprints, silver crown, mini-sprints) I think NASCAR is getting to be like baseball. I love statistics and baseball is full of them. NASCAR is good for seeing a driver who you had the chance to talk to in person at Belleville or your local dirt track make it to the big time on TV. The racing itself can be good at times and boring at times, but the stats are interesting. Who won how many times at a certain track, who won from the farthest back,etc. Did your former open wheel dirt driver show the world that driving a midget sharpened him for a NASCAR career? But then you don't have to watch a 500 mile race to be able to keep the stats. But you can if you want to. It is your choice, pick and choose as you like.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar announcement.