IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Vehicle Question....Not Racing Related
6/3/12, 5:45 PM   #1
Vehicle Question....Not Racing Related
Tim Watson

I would like some opinions both pros and cons on a Kia Sedonia mini van. We are looking at a 2011 demo that has 14,000 miles on it and don't really know much about the Kia brand.

6/3/12, 6:20 PM   #2
Re: Vehicle Question....Not Racing Related
SteveD

Good Luck
Last edited by SteveD; 6/9/12 at 11:56 PM.

6/3/12, 6:44 PM   #3
sw1911

Please give serious consideration to a Ford, GM or Mopar product.

6/3/12, 7:00 PM   #4
PIT CART

Tim what I look at when I am out shopping for stuff is how easy does it look to work on. JMO good luck

Posted via Mobile Device

6/3/12, 7:43 PM   #5
TQ29m

Ain't nuthin easy to work on anymore, I spent most of my life as a mechanic, and am as lost as the next guy anymore. As far as the KIA goes, they do build an impressive looking car, but some of the tales I've heard about the warranty and stuff, kinda runs me the other way, myself, I'd stay away from one, but who knows, they might be a good buy, or a goodby, however you prefer, we bought a new Ford Fusion, in 2008, and I like it awfully well, good mileage even with the optional V6, course I got "ole Teddy" for the grunt work, 1997 crewcab, diesel dually, just short of 400k, Powerstroke, but I guess if I can work on it, I should be able to work on about anything, so far, I haven't had to do that much to it. I can't say anything either way on the KIA, but, they might be as good as anything you'd be looking at now days, kinda like my ole pappy used to say, "you pays your money, and you takes your chances". Bob!

6/3/12, 8:43 PM   #6
reeserx

Last week I just bought a 2010 Chevy HHR and absolutely love it...great ride great gas mileage..haven't heard much negative stuff about Kia

Posted via Mobile Device

6/3/12, 8:45 PM   #7
thebus79h

My sister had a Kia for a long time and really liked it. Her false always treated her well and the warranty work was a breeze.

Boss also had one, and said the same things.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/3/12, 9:16 PM   #8
Tim Watson

I know there aren't a lot of types of mini vans left with the SUV craze that is on but until the kids get older and file out we really need another mini van. The price is $18,995 and has a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty left on it. It's very comfortable and looks nice but not being familiar with Kia it's a little chancey. One thing i did like is at 60 mph the rpm's were a shade under 2. It runs super quiet and has a sealed tranny, change the fluid at 100,000 miles and that's it.

6/3/12, 10:05 PM   #9
tim kelley

I have heard alot of good things about it. Have a friend who's wife has a Kia. "she loves it" I like to buy American made, but with prices and wages what they are go the best route that you afford. [I] have 3 fords, but live 20 miles from the Louisville Ford truck plant. Girlfriend has a Camry, but Toyota plant is in Georgetown Ky. 45 miles away. So any more, what is American made.

6/4/12, 7:21 AM   #10
Knoke77

Wife has a 2004 Kia Sorento SUV. Just rolled 100,000 on it. We also bought it as a demo. Never really had any issues with it until a month after we paid it off. Then the AC compressor decided to go south. All in all, she has loved it. The thing goes through snow better then any vehicle I have ever had except for my truck.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Vehicle Question....Not Racing Related