IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC/MSCS "Showdown"
6/15/20, 11:18 PM   #21
Re: USAC/MSCS "Showdown"
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
Well I liked the facility, I wasn’t impressed. I know coming in that I’d see a John Deere parade at least once but twice in one night turned me off. Track was really coming into shape for the heats then completely changed it. I think that’s the “local” advantage that people talk about. The feature wasn’t bad, one lane on the bottom but before I get killed, I know KT JR went from 15 to 3rd. I can appreciate the track, but I don’t think I’ll be making the 3 and half hour journey again.
Spot on. My least favorite track in Indiana. I have posted about it before and got hammered on here. I loved the giant cushion coming off turn four in the heats so what do we do ... lets get rid of that and make the bottom fast.

To each his own but just like in the current climate going on right now certain opinions will not be tolerated.

Love how we are not supposed to personal attack anyone here but you criticize Haubstadt here and "Dude you're a joke".

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, reeserx
6/15/20, 11:34 PM   #22
Nate

Prep is always outstanding at Haubstadt in my opinion. That track has sat idle for what? 8-9 months and last night there wasn't a lick of dust. Personally I'd rather wait an extra 15-20 mins to see a good feature than sit through a brown out like I do everytime I decide to give Eldora another chance. That said, I still left after the feature and made it home to the Louisville area just after midnight and thats losing an hour in the process. For someone making a 3 hour trip which is half the drive I had to make, I can understand the frustration but thats the price we ALL pay for chasing races.

As far as a "local" advantage goes, that's any driver running his home track. When I first moved back to Indiana, if you went to Kokomo like I did every Sunday night or for special shows...if your money wasn't on Dave Darland, you were nuts. You could say the same for every track in Indiana where local guys tend to run well or even on a wider scale, think of Brian Brown at Knoxville. Guys like that have turned thousands of laps at those tracks and the same is true at TSS with guys like Kyle Cummins. I was still impressed with Schnapf who, until a few years ago, was a modified guy and still was able to beat the best in non-wing sprint car racing.

At the end of the day, I don't think anyone can complain because thats the first sprint race I've seen live since like October. Like I mentioned earlier, if anything else, I was just glad to be back with my racing family. I've had a tough few weeks and having an afternoon of tailgating and racing does wonders.

Hope everyone chasing Midget Week is safe in their travels. I'll see y'all soon.

6/15/20, 11:37 PM   #23
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Spot on. My least favorite track in Indiana. I have posted about it before and got hammered on here. I loved the giant cushion coming off turn four in the heats so what do we do ... lets get rid of that and make the bottom fast.

To each his own but just like in the current climate going on right now certain opinions will not be tolerated.

Love how we are not supposed to personal attack anyone here but you criticize Haubstadt here and "Dude you're a joke".
Funny how that works sometimes isn’t it? The facility itself is very nice but tearing up the track completely twice just did it for me. I do not know track prep nor have I ever said I do but I thought the track was coming in nicely and was shaping up for a “Kodak” moment instead of just one line being fast. Oh well! Onto the next one, I can’t wait for midget week to start!

6/15/20, 11:41 PM   #24
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Prep is always outstanding at Haubstadt in my opinion. That track has sat idle for what? 8-9 months and last night there wasn't a lick of dust. Personally I'd rather wait an extra 15-20 mins to see a good feature than sit through a brown out like I do everytime I decide to give Eldora another chance. That said, I still left after the feature and made it home to the Louisville area just after midnight and thats losing an hour in the process. For someone making a 3 hour trip which is half the drive I had to make, I can understand the frustration but thats the price we ALL pay for chasing races.

As far as a "local" advantage goes, that's any driver running his home track. When I first moved back to Indiana, if you went to Kokomo like I did every Sunday night or for special shows...if your money wasn't on Dave Darland, you were nuts. You could say the same for every track in Indiana where local guys tend to run well or even on a wider scale, think of Brian Brown at Knoxville. Guys like that have turned thousands of laps at those tracks and the same is true at TSS with guys like Kyle Cummins. I was still impressed with Schnapf who, until a few years ago, was a modified guy and still was able to beat the best in non-wing sprint car racing.

At the end of the day, I don't think anyone can complain because thats the first sprint race I've seen live since like October. Like I mentioned earlier, if anything else, I was just glad to be back with my racing family. I've had a tough few weeks and having an afternoon of tailgating and racing does wonders.

Hope everyone chasing Midget Week is safe in their travels. I'll see y'all soon.
I do agree with that. Cummins is the man down there and rightfully so. Last night during intros, I could tell that too. I’ve only ever really experienced something like that at Kokomo with Darland. He’s the hometown bad ass so to speak. I was simply speaking my opinion and I guess i shouldn’t of. I enjoyed being at a race track watching the sport I love in person so I shouldn’t complain.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, Nate
6/16/20, 7:26 AM   #25
miledirt

Track prep takes some time, but Haubstadt is second to none. KTJ's run from the back demonstrated that again. And still, you are seldom out of there past 10:30p

3 members like this post: mc/rider, skids59, TNRustler
6/16/20, 6:15 PM   #26
sw1911

So why knock down the cushion in turn four? Do they think that enables more passing down lower?

6/16/20, 8:07 PM   #27
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
So why knock down the cushion in turn four? Do they think that enables more passing down lower?
In my opinion, they had used it up pretty good. I think it was the third heat, where Dakota Jackson and Dave Darland were battling for the final transfer absolutely just hanging it out in four over the last few laps banging their right rear off the wall multiple times.

Yeah, it was fine mid turn into early 4 but the cushion middle to exit was the wall from what I could tell from my vantage point halfway between the flag stand and 1. After running the support class, C and B....you wouldn't have seen the race you did for the feature if you just let it go.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC/MSCS "Showdown"