IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC/MSCS "Showdown"
6/15/20, 9:51 AM   #11
Nate

It was good to see so many familiar faces last night.

The racing last night was great IMO.

6/15/20, 11:52 AM   #12
i love dirt track racing

Definitely was a great time hanging out with all the great racing family. Nothing like hanging out with great friends and seeing some great racing events on a great Sunday at tss. Thanks guys had a great time. Thanks.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, luckybuc97, wildman92
6/15/20, 12:01 PM   #13
Re: USAC/MSCS "Showdown"
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Definitely was a great time hanging out with all the great racing family. Nothing like hanging out with great friends and seeing some great racing events on a great Sunday at tss. Thanks guys had a great time. Thanks.
I'm not sure how far behind me you left but was pretty sure ya'll came booking it past me on 64 around Corydon.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
6/15/20, 12:05 PM   #14
reeserx

Well I liked the facility, I wasn’t impressed. I know coming in that I’d see a John Deere parade at least once but twice in one night turned me off. Track was really coming into shape for the heats then completely changed it. I think that’s the “local” advantage that people talk about. The feature wasn’t bad, one lane on the bottom but before I get killed, I know KT JR went from 15 to 3rd. I can appreciate the track, but I don’t think I’ll be making the 3 and half hour journey again.

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
6/15/20, 5:27 PM   #15
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
Well I liked the facility, I wasn’t impressed. I know coming in that I’d see a John Deere parade at least once but twice in one night turned me off. Track was really coming into shape for the heats then completely changed it. I think that’s the “local” advantage that people talk about. The feature wasn’t bad, one lane on the bottom but before I get killed, I know KT JR went from 15 to 3rd. I can appreciate the track, but I don’t think I’ll be making the 3 and half hour journey again.
I think they were using all three lanes, granted most were on the bottom which normally not how it is,also how can Tom working the track be a advantage, they (locals) don"t know how much more water he"s putting on track To me its a fair track to all with no holes or giant cushion . All the drivers know the rework will happen so its not a surprize are anything.

6/15/20, 7:24 PM   #16
sw1911

Quote:

It is not at all unusual for Evansville area to have multiple competitive drivers. They win some races at Tri State and there is a local advantage. Few things in life are as transparent as Tri State track prep. The more races you see there, the less likely you are to complain about the tractor parade. Watch the locals. When the tractors come out, they go outside for some tailgating for 20 minutes. I doubt many race teams think there is a local advantage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by sw1911; 6/16/20 at 11:11 AM.

6/15/20, 7:49 PM   #17
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
This is rather hilarious. It’s not at all unusual for Evansville area to have multiple competitive drivers. They win some races at Tri State and there is a local advantage. Few things in life are as transparent as Tri State track prep. The more races you see there, the less likely you are to complain about the tractor parade. Watch the locals. When the tractors come out, they go outside for some tailgating for 20 minutes. I doubt many race teams think there is a local advantage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Like I said, I knew the tractor parade was coming, I just feel like the racin could of been better if the surface was left alone. Last night was better then anything I’ve seen all year because it was my 1st race of the year so I can’t complain too much

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, opnwhlmnd
6/15/20, 9:36 PM   #18
jim goerge

Quote:
Like I said, I knew the tractor parade was coming, I just feel like the racin could of been better if the surface was left alone. Last night was better then anything I’ve seen all year because it was my 1st race of the year so I can’t complain too much
So you know more about track prep than Tommy lol Maybe you should find you a track and show everyone how a race track should be prepped, Dude you"re a joke

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, skids59, sw1911
6/15/20, 10:34 PM   #19
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
So you know more about track prep than Tommy lol Maybe you should find you a track and show everyone how a race track should be prepped, Dude you"re a joke
I’m a joke because I have an opinion? I was never disrespectful towards you for you stating your opinion was I? No. That’s the beauty of racing, we can have different opinions, we can like different tracks, we can like different drivers. For me, I do not care for TSS and guess what, that’s ok. I know a lot of people on here do and I’m good with that. My favorite track is Kokomo. You don’t see me calling people jokes when they make a comment on Kokomo, do you? No you do not. Not sure if your going to midget week or not but if you do, I hope you enjoy it as much as I will.
Last edited by reeserx; 6/15/20 at 11:33 PM.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, spicoli
6/15/20, 10:39 PM   #20
MSCS

Points leaving Tri-State Speedway

32 Chase Stockon 65
14 Jaydon Rogers 63
4 Donald Brackett 63
28 Brandon Mattox 59
11 Brady Short 57
10 Aric Gentry 56
5 Max Adams 53