IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > outlaw racing, maybe?
1/23/12, 2:02 AM   #1
outlaw racing, maybe?
26tmod

With Indiana set to become a right-to-work state. Does this prevent racing associations from penalizing drivers who jump series to race during a given year or week? Watched an episode on speed of Richie Evans ( nascar Hall of fame inductee ) how he mention that NY was right-to-work to continue outlaw racing and get a suspension lifted.

1/23/12, 3:06 AM   #2
Re: outlaw racing, maybe?
9racing

hey hey hey.. not set in stone yet!!.. hopefully the people will get the choice to vote on it in a "public referendum"..

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
1/23/12, 11:26 AM   #3
Jonr

I am not a lawyer and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. However, I do not think that this will have any impact. None of the drivers are considered to be employees of the sanctioning group. They are all "independent contractors" Thus, the agreements between the driver and the sanctioning group is considered a business to business contract. Not a labor contract.

1 member likes this post: spicoli
1/23/12, 11:44 AM   #4
JstAbvVMC

Which Holiday Inn was that? You response apperas to be true and correct, sir....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > outlaw racing, maybe?