IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Howse 'bout MIDGETS AT ELDORA 1981? got 'em
12/13/10, 10:07 PM   #1
Howse 'bout MIDGETS AT ELDORA 1981? got 'em
brian26

First an interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVcQuK49sok

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Then a race broke out
part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3QSQA0FjV8

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCpcj1xkl-c

12/14/10, 12:15 AM   #2
Re: Howse 'bout MIDGETS AT ELDORA 1981? got '
Sprint28j

That is really cool to see. Those guys were really brave to drive those cars at places like Eldora, Winchester, Dayton etc.

When you get to see the older style cars next to todays midgets at Ft Wayne and see how much room the drivers had. Midgets were midgets back then not short wheelbase sprint cars like today.

My buddy Bryan Nuckles drove the car #57 in that video and few years ago at the rumble in Toledo and Ft Wayne. His dad looked good for the 1st few laps. Thanks to who ever found that tape

12/14/10, 3:16 PM   #3
brian26

Shane Carson sent it to you guys, i just work/watch here..................trapped in his basement until i put out the perfect racing video! LOL

12/14/10, 7:45 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

A couple of observations that I noticed. Great to see all of the open trailors that towed the cars to the track. No big gaudy semi's back in the day.

Also it was interesting to see the turn one area where the fans were sitting. Back then no concrete pads to sit in the lawn chairs. Strictly hillside seating without the comforts that the South Terrace provides today.

Lastly, I think the water truck maybe the one of the same ones they use today. Couldn't get a great look but it might be?

Schrader said that he hoped the fans enjoyed it and would come back again. Glad the fans came back and enjoyed.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Howse 'bout MIDGETS AT ELDORA 1981? got 'em