Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > best guess
4/14/20, 8:59 PM   #1
best guess
Kendall2020

Racing will start when? im hope June 1st

2 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, jim goerge
4/14/20, 11:13 PM   #2
chathamracefan

I think some local level racing may happen in May. Don’t know where but if a few states lift restrictions May 1 then it will happen. I think Iowa is one of the states with lesser restrictions. Knoxville is so big they could run a weekly show and keep fans 6 feet apart. They are also high profile and could probably exist as a no fans track with ppv buys and sponsors. Just an example of what could be possible

4/15/20, 11:46 AM   #3
Re: best guess
axman897

I think you will see places like Iowa and Indiana open up fairly soon. Wondering if race teams will be able to travel across state lines to attend the races? Heck, with no major sports, can we get some national coverage? What am I afraid of... since our sport has an older fanbase, can we keep everyone safe? I think we just keep some space and let us get this going.

4/15/20, 1:13 PM   #4
chathamracefan

I live in central IL & I know we will be slow to come back because of Chicago. Rest assured if IN & IA are racing I will be making some road trips.

4/15/20, 3:18 PM   #5
Stevensville Mike

I am going to draw a long, pessimistic bow and say I think we are done for 2020 up here north of the border of Hoosier Country.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jdull99, jim goerge
4/15/20, 3:36 PM   #6
Jonr

So race tracks are just forms of sports entertainment. We are going to be lumped into movie theaters and concerts. This is going to be the last group of things to be brought back. So, a lot has to happen before we are racing. Stay at home orders have to be lifted. Restaurants have to be re-opened for dine in eating.

I am going to say that all entertainment will be open by September 1st. This will allign with the start of football season. While I hope that I am wrong, I don't see a great milestone to make something happen before this, and I think July 4th is too early.
Last edited by Jonr; 4/15/20 at 3:37 PM. Reason: grammar

4/15/20, 4:43 PM   #7
captrat

Who is willing to sit in a large group of people many that you do not know in any way? This is a serious communicable disease about which at this time we have limited empirical data. We still have only tested less than 1% percent of the population and there are questions about the validity of the tests, asymptomatic spread and possible reoccurence in those that have survived the virus. This is going to be a long haul. This thing spreads exponentially, it only takes one carrier to to cause incredible damage. As an example are we to believe that none of the 450 Smithfield infected employees in Sioux Falls have had no other social interactions with all kinds of people?

4/15/20, 4:51 PM   #8
toprowjim

Here in Colorado the Rocky Mountain Midget Assy (RMMRA) is scheduled for our first race at I-76 in Ft Morgan on May 16th and then the next week end to Garden City Kansas with POWERI west. We are still holding out hope this will happen. I wish you folks back east the best of luck in getting started soon. We follow what is happening back there. Thanks,Jim Bredenberg

1 member likes this post: jdull99
4/15/20, 5:17 PM   #9
sp6967

when will racing start? when our government says they can.....that's when.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Jonr
4/15/20, 5:29 PM   #10
kendirt

The projected peak in Iowa is May 1st. Last week the Govenor, among other things, specifically shut down race tracks that were holding private tests.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > best guess