IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
4/13/20, 1:55 PM   #1
Kyle Larson
PJ Wright

In this screwed up world of political correctness I suspect his NASCAR career is over.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: racer-x
4/13/20, 2:10 PM   #2
Re: Kyle Larson
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
In this screwed up world of political correctness I suspect his NASCAR career is over.
Like the old adage someone is always listening. So is his iRacing career as they suspened him as well. Ganassi also suspended him without pay. I seen a small video come across my Facebook via YouTube yesterday evening of the accident. Honestly I'm surprised nothing was posted on Indiana Open Wheel sooner. Stupid but it is what it is. Sometimes you just got to bit your tongue and stick a sock in it and watch what you say. How ever I do believe in second chances. He did issue an apology on twitter though.
Last edited by nathans1012; 4/13/20 at 2:22 PM.

4/13/20, 3:34 PM   #3
hoosier race fan

Rough month on the internet for Kyle. I’m sure there will be plenty of apologists as well as many that will call for the end of his career. If sponsors bail, and they will probably have pressure to do so, it will be tough for Chip to keep him. I’m sure he’ll have a second chance somewhere. I would not expect that second chance to be with Hendrick Motorsports taking over Johnson’s ride as some had speculated. He has talked in the past about wanting to run with the World of Outlaws before his career is over, and he may be with them sooner than he planned.

See apologists’ responses below:
Last edited by hoosier race fan; 4/13/20 at 3:36 PM.

4/13/20, 6:21 PM   #4
Jonr

No doubt, Kyle screwed up. No doubt, he is in a tough spot. The one item that I found interesting was IRacing dropping him so quickly. He had IRacing sponsorship on many of his dirt cars for years. He seemed to be one of the big advocates. I would have thought that his relationship with them would have helped him more.

4/13/20, 6:47 PM   #5
sw1911

All this political correctness crap sucks. “People are human” They make mistakes. Kobe Bryant was forgiven. Jesse Jackson was forgiven. Al sharpton is beyond repair. Bill Clinton was forgiven. Why pummel this young biracial fellow so hard? I hope Bubba will publicly forgive and support him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4/13/20, 6:50 PM   #6
sw1911

Also, why can non 100 % whites use the negro word without quarter while anyone else can’t?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 members like this post: Burch24racing, dirt330, jdull99, PIT CART, racer-x, TNRustler
4/13/20, 7:14 PM   #7
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
No doubt, Kyle screwed up. No doubt, he is in a tough spot. The one item that I found interesting was IRacing dropping him so quickly. He had IRacing sponsorship on many of his dirt cars for years. He seemed to be one of the big advocates. I would have thought that his relationship with them would have helped him more.

Kyle is a spokesperson for iRacing, Kyle using a derogatory/racial term on iRacing as a spokesperson is a very big no no. Anyone using that word and gets protested (Reported) gets their chat banned or account suspended for a few months. With being a spokesperson it's worse.

Scott Speed had the same problem a few months ago. Scott Speed was a spokesperson for iRacing, iRacing even has his VW Beetle RallyX car. Scott Speed was intentionally wrecking people, which iRacing frowns on. iRacing then indefinitely suspended Scott Speed. Scott Speed was finally allowed to come back to iRacing, but if he does it again he will be terminated.

4/13/20, 7:58 PM   #8
Kinser11

I wonder when the Virus, is over and people figure out that watching IRACING, is about as exciting as watching any racing on TV. How long will the NASCAR people be pushing it. Race tracks and especially, local ones do not need anything to keep fans away. Let alone real artificial racing.
Kyle is getting kicked pretty hard today. And maybe he deserves it, I just hope all the band wagon jumpers. Remember they live in glass houses.

3 members like this post: Indy1808, opnwhlmnd, TQ29m
4/13/20, 8:18 PM   #9
sp6967

sticks and stones will br...…….never mind.

3 members like this post: jonboat15, ROSCO, t_inmyface
4/13/20, 8:41 PM   #10
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
I wonder when the Virus, is over and people figure out that watching IRACING, is about as exciting as watching any racing on TV. How long will the NASCAR people be pushing it. Race tracks and especially, local ones do not need anything to keep fans away. Let alone real artificial racing.
Not even close to the real thing

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6 members like this post: fish, Indy1808, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, sc17x
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson