IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > best guess
4/16/20, 3:41 PM   #21
Re: best guess
jdull99

Gonna take some convincing for anyone in the state of Wisconsin to race before May 26th...(more stay at home orders...I'd post the link but I imgaine I have been dangerously close to the political rules on this site...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
4/16/20, 4:26 PM   #22
campingman

This afternoon it was announced that the Midwestern Governors have formed a Coronavirus Coalition with the purpose of determining when to reopen their State's economy. The group includes the Governors from Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin. Looking at the state list it becomes apparent that this includes the hot bed for open wheel racing. With Wisconsin extending their safe practices until May 26th it appears that any hope to see local racing by June 1st is a long shot at best

2 members like this post: jdull99, motorhead748
4/16/20, 5:43 PM   #23
axman897

Wishful thinking we might get something by Indiana Midget Week. Fingers crossed we can have an Indiana Sprint Week this year.

T-Mac is promoting a winged 410 race in South Dakota on April 25th. Looks like they will have social distancing and all. Fingers crossed it goes off well.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
4/17/20, 1:04 AM   #24
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Awaiting a passionate reply of detail of your plans to get us back to race track events soon...if we quietly accept things as they are, don't look for racing to return...this year or who knows if ever...Are you ok with waiting til there is vaccine for this ONE infection? What about every other infection that doesn't have a cure yet? What about those that don't want a vaccine?

4/17/20, 1:12 AM   #25
jdull99

I hope Kyle Larson runs it!!!

PETERSEN MEDIA)- Front Row Challenge Enterprises is excited to bring racing to Park Jefferson International Speedway on April 25th where fans will be greeted with Winged 410 Sprint Cars and IMCA Mods at the Open Wheel Nationals presented by Real-Geese Silhouette.

“With everything sitting idle and much of the world in a day-to-day phase, we are excited to bring a little bit of normalcy back to the racing world,” FRC Ent, LLC’s Terry McCarl said. “While it won’t quite be a normal raceday, we have been watching South Dakota’s guidelines to ensure we are in line with their mandates and we are extremely excited about racing on April 25th.”

On the Open Wheel Nationals card will be Winged 410 Sprint Cars which will race for $5000-to-win, as well as IMCA Modifieds who will be gunning for the $1000 top prize. In an effort to practice Social Distancing, both classes will be limited to just 32 cars per class with a $50 pre entry fee to ensure a spot, as well as a transponder. For those wanting to partake in the event, please register at http://www.parkjeff.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=576959.

While the entries are limited, those admitted in the pits will also be limited as no walk-up patrons will be allowed. Each team will be allotted just 10 people total to sign in under their car number, so if fans are not with a team, please do not attempt to enter the pit area. Those who are in the pit area will not be permitted to go to the main grandstands during the night, so please bring food and beverage as pit concessions will also not be open.

The main grandstands will be open to the public in a limited quantity with tickets available for $25. For those fans that are at high risk of the current virus, or those who are feeling under the weather, please stay home as this race will also be streamed LIVE on SpeedShiftTV. Tickets are available via online sales only by clicking over to www.parkjeff.com.

For those fans that are able to attend the race, FRC Ent., LLC and Park Jefferson encourage you to take precautions to keep yourself safe while at the race. While the concession stand will be open, it will also be very limited so be mindful in your raceday preparations.

While the IMCA Modifieds will run their standard IMCA format, the Winged 410 Sprint Cars will utilize the weekly Knoxville Raceway format. Team’s will qualify, before running heat races with a 6-car invert. With points up for grabs in heats, the Top-8 in points after heats will redraw for the feature event.

“We have received a lot of good feedback from some really strong teams about this event, and we look forward to releasing the entries as they come in,” McCarl said. “We continue to work with city and county officials to make sure we are in compliance and are very much looking forward to racing.”

REAL-GEESE SILHOUETTE: Based out of Bradner, OH, Real Geese manufactures several different models of silhouette decoys for the waterfowl hunter. Offering different price ranges, and options, Real-Geese uses digitally enhanced, detailed images, the highest quality materials, and most advanced production methods on their products to provide an unmatched durability.

ON TAP- The Open Wheel Nationals pres. By Real Geese Silhouette at Park Jefferson International Speedway will feature Winged 410 Sprint Cars and IMCA Mods on April 25th.

STAY CONNECTED- Stay updated with the latest on this event by visiting www.parkjeff.com.

JOIN THE TEAM- Any marketing partners interested in this event, please reach out to 515-957-0020.

PETERSEN MEDIA: Petersen Media is a PR firm can handle your public relations, marketing, and any other promotional needs. For more information visit www.petersenmediainc.com, email sales@petersenmediainc.com, www.facebook.com/PetersenMedia or follow @Petersen_Media on twitter.
Last edited by jdull99; 4/17/20 at 1:28 AM.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
4/17/20, 7:43 AM   #26
axman897

Fingers crossed this goes off well. Could major motorsports be limited this year? I think this is a yes-still hopeful we can get the Indy 500 in this year... could local tracks, with approval, conduct social distancing and run the race? Yes!! We all would be glad to watch live racing on a streaming device right now.

2 members like this post: chathamracefan, jdull99
4/17/20, 9:17 AM   #27
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post

Awaiting a passionate reply of detail of your plans to get us back to race track events soon...if we quietly accept things as they are, don't look for racing to return...this year or who knows if ever...Are you ok with waiting til there is vaccine for this ONE infection? What about every other infection that doesn't have a cure yet? What about those that don't want a vaccine?
Gee I never realized that I could say so much with one little icon. But if you insist.....

1 Since you did so much "research" about herd immunity I'll assume you are an immunologist but a better guess is you are just believing something you read on the internet, think I will wait to believe a real doctor on that.
2 Have you looked at the average age of most crowds at open wheel races? There are alot of 60+ people in a typical crowd here in Indiana(after all this is INDIANA Open Wheel) and those are the most vulnerable, without them the promoter isnt gonna make enough to pay the purse. The promoters love racing but they arent in it to lose money just so you can race are they? And dont tell me that they could just get sponsors have you looked at the economy lately? Very few tracks have stands big enough to allow social distancing and still allow enough fans in to pay the purse. It may happen a few times but not for long if they wanna stay in business.
3 You say you are losing money over this, my guess is it has kept you from spending your money on racing.
4 In order for the promoters to put on races they have to have people who are willing to spend their money on entertainment if they arent working my guess is they are more interested in spending it on a roof over their head and food on the table. You may be independently wealthy but most arent.
5 So if you go to a race are you willing to figure out all of the high risk people that you contact(even when you go to the grocery) and quarantine yourself from them for 14 days after you go to the race.
6 Do you think its smart for TMac to put on a race in South Dakota, a place where there are relatively few cases, and invite a bunch of people into their state from places where there are many covid positive people? They can if they want but it doesnt sound too smart to me. Maybe he has the $ to put on a race without a crowd, if so great I will get the PPV.
7 I think most of the governors are going to want people to get back to work before they allow racing or baseball or basketball or concerts or any type of entertainment in their states.

JMO but I think we will be racing this year but other more important things need to happen before they do. That being said you were probably too busy ranting to notice that an Indiana track(again remember this is INDIANA Open Wheel) has announced a race for 2 weeks from now(I'll let you figure out who). Whether the state allows it or not I have no idea but they are trying. You have to remember that this isnt just about you it is about all of us being safe. When that is true(not saying that they wait until there is 0% chance cause that may never happen) then we will get our racing season but not until at least our hospitals arent full of covoid patients. In Indianapolis they still are full of those patients, my wife works at the hospital and I know for a fact that this thing is still very serious. So rant on if you want, go to the races if they decide to have them just dont expect things to snap back to normal like nothing happened cause it wont for awhile.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/17/20, 3:40 PM   #28
jdull99

#1 - What is your thoughts on why the #s are lower in California? I didn't look up a story on the www. Have heard much, about "Herd Immunity" (about why the #s are lower in parts of California, NOT Las Angels) on the highest rated programs on radio & cable TV (yes, Dr's are on them sometimes) - but I know things are changing hourly, so we may need to wait until this all settles down to get a better view on the #s.

#2 - I realize the average age...whoever wants to attend should be allowed to attend. If they don't want to, they won't. More than one of my "rants" I mentioned the sponsors may be hard to come by (Please don't assume I'm an idiot since you don't agree with everything I post). But you are correct, if the Promoters don't think they will make money, they won't open - nthn will...we can all stay home & watch 3 stooges re-runs. I was offering some ideas (some were mentioned in the task force guidelines in ystdy's press conference!) and TMAC's race spells out their effort in even more detail.

# 3/#4 - You guessed wrong, I'm long retired from racing and take offense to your unfounded accusation that this is "for me". The Economy & well being of OUR country is smthn I care about more than myself! I do however work for some tracks (since we are playing guessing games, I will withhold that from you). Also other forms of my work have suffered. I am not independently wealthy.

#5 - I'm just gona stay 6 feet away from everyone, wash my hands and take Viat C & Zinc

#6 - I think this qualifies him for Promoter of the Year & is about the Badest Az thing he could do! If I was independently wealthy I would be sponsoring it!

# 7- Duh...again, don't appreciate your eye-rolling attitude. I said that from day one on this...over here in IL we will be lucky when you can go to Church or have a funeral

& I've said the same thing about Hospital capacity from day one - also I blv addressed by the task force ystrdy.

Either way, I'm goin out in about now, supporting some businesses (that are open), meeting with people as it is, making deals, and hustling the rest of the day. I will wash my hands, avoid touching my face, & take my viat c & zinc. Enjoy those 3 stooges re-runs!

4/17/20, 3:59 PM   #29
EBookerFan

How many of the race tracks do you attend that are set up for washing your hands with liquid soap and warm water? Drying with paper towels? Our national government has "washed its hands" with paying for testing and said that this is a state thing. Really?

2 members like this post: ronmil, stp6237
4/17/20, 4:26 PM   #30
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post

Anti-vaccine people and those who are not practicing social distancing threaten innocent fellow citizens and potentially could impede the return to normality.

6 members like this post: erich45, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, ronmil, Speedwrench, stp6237
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > best guess