IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
4/16/20, 12:16 AM   #41
Re: Kyle Larson
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
The only people sensitive about the word are white people. Blacks call each other that all the time and if you are friends with them or hang around them much you end up using the word too. It's a really unfair double standard in my opinion and it only promotes racism rather than suppress it.

against my better judgement...

I can be described as a dumb Hoosier-tuckian. My friends can call me that and I'll laugh. If anyone else was to call me that I wouldn't laugh. I just might respond in kind.

Black folks do call each other by the epithet in question, but how would any of us feel if we were black and a white person used that same word directed at us?

If your employer says that you are not to say certain things, you might want to be more aware of what you say. Kyle is not the first nor last to be fired for what he said. He'll be alright, a good kid who did a dumb thing.

Freedom of speech has little, if anything, to do with it.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

4/16/20, 1:14 AM   #42
Puppy

I just have one question... Why do you need a spotter for a video game???

4/16/20, 1:29 AM   #43
jdull99

[QUOTE=ISF;527165]Some baseball player from New York says Kyle should be banned from NASCAR racing forever and he wants to beat up Larson for saying the bad word.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...f-racial-slur/[/QUOTE

Well...I will say I think Marcus shoulda been banned from baseball forever for testing positive for Meth!!! (I realize you just posted what you posted and do not necessarily share his idea) -

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...lant-1.3933297

I see Marcus also "collaborated" on a Rap CD with some guy named Mike Stud...Talk about some "choice" words in that song!!! (marcus apparently Raps with Mike on a song with plenty of "offensive language"...)

I'm not gona study all Mike's songs for any other offensive language, but seems he is fond of the "f" word (in the name of one song)...that's pretty offensive to many...

Until Jay-Z is fired from the NFL and all of those type's of songs, even the edited versions, are removed from everywhere, this is all a hypocrisy (& I do like some of this music...but when people listen to music they tend to imitate some of what they hear...like the "writers" and "artists" WANT you too...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 4/16/20 at 12:12 PM.

4 members like this post: dirt330, nathans1012, TNRustler, wright59
4/16/20, 10:38 AM   #44
ISF

[quote=jdull99;527177]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Some baseball player from New York says Kyle should be banned from NASCAR racing forever and he wants to beat up Larson for saying the bad word.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...f-racial-slur/[/QUOTE

Well...I will say I think Marcus shoulda been banned from baseball forever for testing positive for Meth!!! (I realize you just posted what you posted and do not necessarily share his idea) -

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...lant-1.3933297

I see Marcus also "collaborated" on a Rap CD with some guy named Mike Stud...Talk about some "choice" words in that song!!! (marcus apparently Raps with Mike on a song with plenty of "offensive language"...)

I'm not gona study all Mike's songs for any other offensive language, but seems he is found of the "f" word (in the name of one song)...that's pretty offensive to many...

Until Jay-Z is fired from the NFL and all of those type's of songs, even the edited versions, are removed from everywhere, this is all a hypocrisy (& I do like some of this music...but when people listen to music they tend to imitate some of what they hear...like the "writers" and "artists" WANT you too...)
I wasn't aware of the meth deal. I happened to run across this article and found it to be quite incriminating in regards to this MLB clown being a loud mouthed attention prostitute.

I'm thinkin' Kyle will not have any problem. There are a whole lotta' people who'd love to have his back.
Last edited by ISF; 4/16/20 at 2:23 PM.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
4/16/20, 1:26 PM   #45
nodoors

I try not to respond to these typse of situations, but I feel for some reason compelled to at this time. I dont care who gets pissed off or who agrees with this, so Im just going to say what needs to be said. A little backround first. When I was 6 years old My father got a Contract Job at the NASA BASE on Wallops Island Virginia. He was a machinist and was building Nose Cones for Rockets to test the Aurora Boriallis. It was the coolest thing at that age to see well over 10 rocket launchs.

After living there On Chincoteague Island for a few months my dad found out that there was no Little League baseball or Pop Warner Football. He singlehandedly did a fund raiser on the Island for Both Youth sports clubs and Started the Leagues there.

Being From New Jersey and being Catholic on a predominately Southern baptist Island wasnt easy but we survived. I witnessed something I thought at the time ws over in the USA. It was in the 70's and "BUSSING LAWS" were passed. They wanted to Bus Black Chidren over the 7 bridge causeway to Chincoteague Island for school from the mainland. Well the Chintiggers (Island People on Chincoteague) were not going to let their God Fearing Southern Baptist white children go to school with Black Children. So the real hard core Islanders actually put Explosives under all 7 bridges connecting the Main Land to the Island. They flat out told Virginia if 1 School bus attempts to cross the Bridges they would blow them up. Its a shame to say this but The busses NEVER CAME.

When my father started Little League he made sure EVERY PERSON KNEW THAT THE BEST WOULD MAKE THE TEAM didnt matter if you were Black White purple green boy or girl. The best players will be on the team. Well it worked out that he more or less had an all Black team. There was protests, there was white parents that would sit in the middle of the field so the games could not be played, and death threats on my Parents lives. Needless to say we moved off the Island and to the main land. I could go on and on with what I saw as a very young child, but I thnk you get the picture. I will say this it was a very eye opening experience that even today I am grateful to have lived through. It made me a better person and it is something I am proud to have lived through. I will say this from the little bit I shared on here, it was much worse than what I have said, this is not the place to say it though.

What is going on today IMOVHO is nothing. This is NOT RACISM this is just the outcome of a pussified society that has been brain washed by the Liberal Media and the Liberal Govt. What Kyle Larson said was not insulting or racist. He used an expression that I hear everyday at work from my Black Colleagues. The majority of the guys I work with that are Black even said it is not racist in what Kyle Larson Said. In fact the majjority of them said it is embarrasing to them because this how RACISM is loosing the battle. To them it is the serious Racist Infractions that need to be addressed because just saying the N word doesnt make it racist. It is the way it is said and the context that it was used. people need to stop with all the Hes racist ******** because what people call Racism today isnt Racism. It is a way to make someone feel bad or to make someone something they are not.

It is litterally making racism a joke in this society, especially if you have lived and saw what REAL RACISM is.

4/16/20, 1:41 PM   #46
stoney

I use the n(word) all the time. It describes a useless piece of crap WHITE,BLACK,YELLOW,RED

3 members like this post: jonboat15, nodoors, racenut69
4/16/20, 2:13 PM   #47
nodoors

Definition of the "N" Word

Did the Definition of N word Change?
There is a widespread belief that the original meaning of n, as defined in dictionaries, was "an ignorant person," and a related belief that current dictionary definitions describing its use as a hateful, racist epithet are a recent change. We do not know the source of those beliefs, but they are not accurate. The word was first included in a Merriam-Webster dictionary in 1864, at which time it was defined as a synonym of Negro, with a note indicating that it was used "in derision or depreciation." There has never been a definition like "an ignorant person" for this word in any subsequent dictionary published by this company. Nor do we know of such a definition in any earlier dictionary.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/

I edited the "N" word because I do not want to offend anyone but this is the Definition of the word itself from the Websters Dictionary.

This is not a word I use because of the way it has been USED. The word is a slang word for IGNORANT. It is such a shame that the P.C. Police have bastardized this word and have put so many people with the monicker as RACIST because of a word. My god people grow a set, what ever happened to "Sticks and Stones" or I could care less what you call me but if you put your hands on me in an aggressive manner then we have a HUGE PROBLEM.

America has become PUSSIFIED and it is not a good thing. The Liberal Bias in this Country has destroyed being a Man let alone being an individual. It breaks my heart to see a Great Nation go so far down the tubes that a meaningless slang word is allowed to ruin your entire life. Racism is a terrible thing and it should NOT be allowed anywhere, but I think it has gone way too far. Racism is practically dead in the USA as compared to what I lived and saw. I think the whole your a racist mniker is ******** and they have taken it so far that they have lessened it to the point that EVERYONE is a RACIST and Im sorry but that just isnt true and it dam sure isnt right

1 member likes this post: Big Mike 7
4/16/20, 3:32 PM   #48
coxracng

amen to that nodoors heaven forbid anybody say anything about anyone i was in the service in the late 70s and heard that and alot worse all the time

4/16/20, 6:45 PM   #49
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
I use the n(word) all the time. It describes a useless piece of crap WHITE,BLACK,YELLOW,RED
Can't you just call them "a useless piece of crap"?
No history of slavery, segregation & lynchings with that....

4 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, Rapid Rick, rick42, Sandy Lowe
4/16/20, 6:47 PM   #50
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoors View Post
Definition of the "N" Word

Did the Definition of N word Change?
There is a widespread belief that the original meaning of n, as defined in dictionaries, was "an ignorant person," and a related belief that current dictionary definitions describing its use as a hateful, racist epithet are a recent change. We do not know the source of those beliefs, but they are not accurate. The word was first included in a Merriam-Webster dictionary in 1864, at which time it was defined as a synonym of Negro, with a note indicating that it was used "in derision or depreciation." There has never been a definition like "an ignorant person" for this word in any subsequent dictionary published by this company. Nor do we know of such a definition in any earlier dictionary.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/

I edited the "N" word because I do not want to offend anyone but this is the Definition of the word itself from the Websters Dictionary.

This is not a word I use because of the way it has been USED. The word is a slang word for IGNORANT. It is such a shame that the P.C. Police have bastardized this word and have put so many people with the monicker as RACIST because of a word. My god people grow a set, what ever happened to "Sticks and Stones" or I could care less what you call me but if you put your hands on me in an aggressive manner then we have a HUGE PROBLEM.

America has become PUSSIFIED and it is not a good thing. The Liberal Bias in this Country has destroyed being a Man let alone being an individual. It breaks my heart to see a Great Nation go so far down the tubes that a meaningless slang word is allowed to ruin your entire life. Racism is a terrible thing and it should NOT be allowed anywhere, but I think it has gone way too far. Racism is practically dead in the USA as compared to what I lived and saw. I think the whole your a racist mniker is ******** and they have taken it so far that they have lessened it to the point that EVERYONE is a RACIST and Im sorry but that just isnt true and it dam sure isnt right
I;m gonna take a wild guess that you watch Fox "news"?????
Last edited by revjimk; 4/16/20 at 6:48 PM.

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, rick42
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson