12/2/10, 11:14 PM   #1
for sale
v8j

IMPACT racing was it sold wensday ?

12/3/10, 9:23 AM   #2
Re: for sale
Pitstooge

Yep. Here's the info from the website:

Indianapolis (December 1, 2010) – It was announced at today’s International Motorsports Industry Show in Indianapolis that MasterCraft Safety has acquired Impact! Racing from Bill Simpson, a pioneer and ambassador in motorsports and safety solutions. The brand will be known as Impact! Racing by MasterCraft Safety and will be managed by MasterCraft Safety.

“I am honored that Bill has entrusted me to take his company and safety innovations to the next level under the MasterCraft Safety name,” said MasterCraft Safety CEO, Robbie Pierce. “As a result of the fusion of our companies, we have united the best of both worlds by bringing motorsports such as NHRA and NASCAR together with desert and short-course off-road racing. With Bill staying on as an ambassador and consultant for Impact! Racing by MasterCraft Safety, we will bring racing to a new audience and we hope to convert loyal fans and advocates.”

As the leading manufacturer of performance off-road suspension seating and other vehicle safety equipment for more than 30 years, MasterCraft Safety has always aspired to broaden its product offering. The business-based acquisition immediately fulfills this goal through the addition of Impact! Racing’s footwear, gloves and helmet product lines. Sales, operations and manufacturing will continue to be headquartered at the existing Impact! Racing facilities in Brownsburg, Ind.

“I have loved every moment with this company,” said an emotional Bill Simpson, founder of Impact! Racing. “It’s no secret that I’m getting older. It’s time for me to pass the torch to someone that I know, trust and respect. I knew in my heart that I wanted someone who was as passionate and involved in racing and safety as I have been throughout my career. I can think of no one better than Robbie.”

MasterCraft Safety is an industry-leading international manufacturer and innovator of performance and recreational safety devices, best known for the suspension seats that have nearly become standard issue in the harsh environment of desert racing. In addition, MasterCraft Safety’s diverse product line includes SFI-approved, six-point camlock restraints used in NASCAR, suspension seats used in military response vehicles, and SFI-approved window safety nets and suspension limit straps used for short course racing.

3 members like this post: Isaac Chapple Racing, Jimmydiesel, v8j
12/4/10, 12:50 AM   #3
Re: for sale
Bad Dad 54

My son has a set of those seats in his off road truck & they are nice. They cushion the pounding from off roading yet hold you firmly in the seat. Wouldn't use'em in a race car though.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > for sale