IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Car Colors
7/10/14, 7:47 PM   #51
Re: Car Colors
racenut69

I just wanna quote/comment on the last sentence:"in their $ 100,000 tow rig"!..Do you understand?.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
I agree that the look of many sprints and midgets these days is bland, and undifferentiating.

I try to bring a newbie to the races with me quite often, and without fail, whoever I may bring along, they say something about the Hoffman 69, and something to the effect of, "Ooh, I like that car. Who drives that one?".

(Think about that for a second....)

Is that not the culmination of pretty much everything that is b!tched about on here? We need asses in the seats people! And for the casual dirt-track fan, to get his ass into a seat, he needs to be excited... about something.

Let's face it- every race, in itself, is not going to be the "race of the year", and some might even be plain boring. If a fan happens to be unlucky enough to attend a show that ends up being "boring", should they ride home thinking about the "follow the leader" feature, or should they at least be thinking about how "cool" those cars were? Give the fan something to get excited about.

Finally, I'm thinking most of these car owners with the "blah"-looking cars are the same owners who's haulers are rolling down the highway before Joe Fan even gets out of his seat.

1 member likes this post: Speedsme61x
7/10/14, 8:58 PM   #52
Re: Car Colors
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Print the drivers name on the right side instead of the top front crossbar,usually the only time I can read the name in that location is because I already know who the driver is

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Car Colors