IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Buy Georgia a New Mic
7/10/19, 4:40 AM   #1
Buy Georgia a New Mic
RockinRy

Race Count This Year: 12

Can someone at USAC or FloRacing.com buy Georgia a new mic. I mean we are into July already and the wireless mic cuts out half the interviews and yet they still send it down to her every time and every time we get to hear half the interview. Now I just laugh about it

7/10/19, 9:27 AM   #2
Re: Buy Georgia a New Mic
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I agree it's not been very good and I see two things that can be interfering. First her own headset. It' often crackled just when she's doing her own commentary.

Second, sticking the mic inside a steel cage. It's like it's own receiver eating up te radio waves being sent out. Maybe try interviewing from te passenger's side with the end of the mic facing the grandstand.

A for Effort for Georgia.

7/10/19, 2:50 PM   #3
Re: Buy Georgia a New Mic
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRy View Post
Can someone at USAC or FloRacing.com buy Georgia a new mic. I mean we are into July already and the wireless mic cuts out half the interviews and yet they still send it down to her every time and every time we get to hear half the interview. Now I just laugh about it
I know this has been brought up before, but it's actually turning into a joke. Georgia does a great job hustling around and getting interviews. They need to give her the tools to do it! It's got to be equally as frustrating for her as it is for us. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll bash it over Windom's head and get a new one

7/10/19, 6:29 PM   #4
cmiracingvids

Not sure if it’s the issue, but I was told a long time ago that magnetos on sprint cars interfere with radio signals on wireless mics. I’m not too familiar with midget engines, but do they have magnetos as well? This could be the issue. Many many announcers that have wireless mics, always have their interviews interrupted by sprint cars. All the other classes are fine. Maybe this is the problem? If so...I think the only solution would be to go fill wired somehow to the broadcast. Not sure how they’d do that tho...

7/10/19, 7:00 PM   #5
interpreter66

Traction control interference 🏁🤫
Last edited by interpreter66; 7/10/19 at 7:01 PM.

4 members like this post: davidm, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Buy Georgia a New Mic