IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC screws paid Floracing fan
7/7/19, 12:15 AM   #51
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Bacon

7/7/19, 12:31 AM   #52
Re: USAC screws paid Floracing fan
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Bacon
That's an understatement. They should have cloned him and put 3 of him on the podium. Dominating performance. Great run by Korey Weyant, also.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/7/19 at 12:38 AM.

5 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, luckybuc97, mc/rider, sprinter31, tirespinner
7/7/19, 8:12 AM   #53
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
That's an understatement. They should have cloned him and put 3 of him on the podium. Dominating performance. Great run by Korey Weyant, also.

Jerry
Thought the same about Weyant. Anyone else remember him running the B in Silver Crown at Springfield? Put on a show

5 members like this post: ISF, Jerry Shaw, sprinter31, Steve Wendel, tirespinner
7/7/19, 8:21 AM   #54
racer5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
Am i missing something? Was this event EVER billed as a “USAC” event? I’ll answer that: NO!! From day one it was advertised as being in cooperation from a scheduling standpoint with multiple non-wing sanctioning bodies including USAC. I’ve never once seen or heard an official press release claiming this to be a USAC event. YET, here we are... So does WAR suck too then by this standard? Weird though because i’ve looked and looked at the Brandt Agriculture Corn Belt Nationals logo and cant find USAC’s or Power-I/ WAR’s name on it anywhere. It’s almost like this is a one-off special event or something...
Pay the money for the gate ticket and travel or pay the money for the available TV source and be happy you’re not waiting for your hard copy of SSN to finally hit the mailbox sometime next week.
but, but, but, bashing USAC is what they all live for

4 members like this post: captrat, JarrettFarms73, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
7/7/19, 8:23 AM   #55
racer5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
I’m a DirtVision and Flo subscriber...the issue is not the $40 for Knoxville. The issue is that they (Flo and USAC) advertised all national events. This is a national event. Its been on the USAC schedule all year and in their PR for the event. But so what... I’ll watch outlaws at Cedar Lake on DV, then flipped over to Flo af 9:30 to watch the A at Knoxville. USAC was cool about it last night on Twitter. They conceded it was a bad deal, but hey people make mistakes.

Movin’ on... now the big question is, who takes the 20k and the first ever Cornbelt?!
pays no uSAC points, so explain to me how it is a "national event"?

2 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, opnwhlmnd
7/7/19, 8:23 AM   #56
racer5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
I’m a DirtVision and Flo subscriber...the issue is not the $40 for Knoxville. The issue is that they (Flo and USAC) advertised all national events. This is a national event. Its been on the USAC schedule all year and in their PR for the event. But so what... I’ll watch outlaws at Cedar Lake on DV, then flipped over to Flo af 9:30 to watch the A at Knoxville. USAC was cool about it last night on Twitter. They conceded it was a bad deal, but hey people make mistakes.

Movin’ on... now the big question is, who takes the 20k and the first ever Cornbelt?!
pays no USAC points, so explain to me how it is a "national event"?

7/7/19, 8:29 AM   #57
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer5c View Post
pays no USAC points, so explain to me how it is a "national event"?
Wrong, Paid show up points.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, PIT CART
7/7/19, 9:20 AM   #58
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Wrong, Paid show up points.
https://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Art...ionals-in-2019

Show up points = promotion. See my earlier post.

Did WAR pay “show up points”? That’d be a yes.

Was a USAC specific license required to take the green flag? Checkmate.

3 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, trackprep
7/7/19, 9:28 AM   #59
SoIllSprinter

A whole lot of bellyaching. For as long as there has been streaming services people have complained incessantly about it. If it actually is a real problem amongst the masses, if I were USAC, I would quit using it. I think the idea of streaming a whole season was to make it affordable per race, which it looks to be. But wow, do they take a social media hit. Maybe they should do what someone suggested earlier, and make folks pay the actual ticket price, and do it on a race by race basis.

4 members like this post: dirt330, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, trackprep
7/7/19, 10:47 AM   #60
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
A whole lot of bellyaching. For as long as there has been streaming services people have complained incessantly about it. If it actually is a real problem amongst the masses, if I were USAC, I would quit using it. I think the idea of streaming a whole season was to make it affordable per race, which it looks to be. But wow, do they take a social media hit. Maybe they should do what someone suggested earlier, and make folks pay the actual ticket price, and do it on a race by race basis.
Did that with Speedshift the last three years, At least they showed what they advertised.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC screws paid Floracing fan