IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Kokomo smackdown finale postponed to sept. 9th
8/25/18, 1:10 PM   #1
Usac: Kokomo smackdown finale postponed to sept. 9th
admin

8/25/18 12:58 PM KOKOMO SMACKDOWN FINALE POSTPONED TO SEPT. 9TH

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...ed-to-sept-9th

KOKOMO SMACKDOWN FINALE POSTPONED TO SEPT. 9TH

Kokomo, Indiana………Following heavy rains all throughout the day, Saturday’s “Sprint Car Smackdown VII” finale at Kokomo Speedway has been postponed to Sunday, September 9.

With continuous participation throughout the morning and early afternoon, it became quickly apparent this weekend would not be an option for the USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Cars to race with standing water and heavy, overcast skies looming over the track.

Previously purchased spectator and pit armbands must be held onto for the makeup date. *General admission tickets are $35.* Kids 10 & under tickets are free with paid adult (general admission only).* Pit passes for all ages are $45.* Additionally, a program for the BOSS Sprint Series will be held in addition to USAC’s “Smackdown” program.

The race will be streamed live on http://www.speedshifttv.com/ and available on-demand a day later on http://www.Loudpedal.TV/.* You can listen live on the USAC app.

8/25/18, 1:12 PM   #2
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Brickyard night + Colts ooener, just sayin'.

1 member likes this post: Al Pierce
8/25/18, 1:16 PM   #3
Re: Usac: Kokomo smackdown finale postponed to sept. 9th
Jerry Spencer

3.5 inches of rain fell this morning way too much mother nature.

Jerry #66j

4 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, speed bump, tirespinner
8/25/18, 1:59 PM   #4
BrentTFunk

I just left the track. Hope its dried out by September 9th. No way they could have ran tomorrow. Hate it for people who can't make it back.

8/25/18, 2:33 PM   #5
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I just left the track. Hope its dried out by September 9th. No way they could have ran tomorrow. Hate it for people who can't make it back.
3.5 inches a block South of the track and 2.34 closer to your house. It will be wet next week.

Jerry #66j

3 members like this post: davet, jim goerge, tirespinner
8/25/18, 6:44 PM   #6
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Keep your wrist bands, I don't think you have to leave them on.

8/25/18, 8:07 PM   #7
davet

Hello to Race Fans. I wanted to thank everyone who visited Choo Choo McGoo's in Kokomo this week. Were honored to offer you with a special discount during Smackdown Week as well as any of the other events. Just let your server know and show your wristbands. My family live about a mile north of the track and my dad starting taking my brothers and I too the Sunday Night races more than 50 years ago. I also worked the track for about 10 years, so indeed it is special for all of my family. Thanks again and always look forward to seeing everyone.

8/25/18, 8:09 PM   #8
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
3.5 inches a block South of the track and 2.34 closer to your house. It will be wet next week.

Jerry #66j
That was some serious rain today at the track! This is a real shame for everyone involved and no one wins with this outcome. Many enjoy the annual Smackdown from quite a distance from Kokomo & IN. Really feel for those who travel far, stay the extra day for a make up if needed, and can not possibly travel back. I have prior racing commitments for both Friday and Saturday with a long planned family obligation on Sunday. Doubt I can make it back. I really wanted to see BOSS take on Kokomo Speedway. Hopefully next August!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, Jbaldwin, tirespinner
8/25/18, 10:53 PM   #9
duel

Great time seeing everyone and did get in 3 nights of H-ish racing. I just wish the reschedule could have been on a Saturday. hopefully an early start or an afternoon race on the 9th.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
8/26/18, 8:31 AM   #10
JarrettFarms73

We were in the overflow section in the backstretch. After watching a 4 wheel drive truck w/ a pop up and then a 2 wheel drive w/ a small egg shape camper leave, we decided to wait and go back this evening or tomorrow to get ours out. i must say, the gentleman driving the 2w was impressive. After a few of us got him unstuck to hitch up and then again just to get forward momentum, he slid that thing down through there and got it aimed and straightened out just in time to drive through the fence opening there by The Frolic. Reminded me of some young gun trying to prove his worth during a super muddy wheel pack.

despite having to work wednesday and thursday and more than anticipated monsoon saturday, i had a fantastic week. looking forward to the 9th and Smackdown 8!

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, duel, Jbaldwin, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Kokomo smackdown finale postponed to sept. 9th