IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spread too thin
5/13/18, 5:01 PM   #31
Re: Spread too thin
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Too many races equals oversaturation equals small crowds equals low car counts.You are seeing the death of the weekly show being run at local tracks.Within Five years you will see most tracks have special only shows.Places around the Country that are historic and have weekly shows will still exist,for example Williams Grove and others.Not so sure this isn’t the best thing.Promote every event as something special.15 -18 events per season.Economics will dictate this.
I couldnt disagree with you more. Just look at LPS they and Gas City are running the most weekly shows with sprint cars in Indiana. Dont know about Gas City but the crowds and the car counts at LPS have been outstanding, the reason, they run sprints every week.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/13/18, 5:22 PM   #32
IndianaSprintFan

For everyone complaining about car counts there are 43 cars checked into Haubstadt 2hours before hot laps are set to start with some of our non wing guys putting the wing on. Gonna be a great show.

4 members like this post: fish, flagboy55, jim goerge, PIT CART
5/13/18, 5:38 PM   #33
IndianaSprintFan

And no I don’t really like wing racing but Haubstadt is an exception for me

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, oppweld
5/13/18, 5:59 PM   #34
Re: Spread too thin
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thread isn't about wings and how many other tracks are running tonight? 2 in a four state area?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/13/18, 6:47 PM   #35
hoosierboy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I couldnt disagree with you more. Just look at LPS they and Gas City are running the most weekly shows with sprint cars in Indiana. Dont know about Gas City but the crowds and the car counts at LPS have been outstanding, the reason, they run sprints every week.
Can’t speak for LPS, as I haven’t been this year. But Gas City brought a good crowd and great racing opening night. Can’t imagine it being any different since then, with Cottle, the Hazen car, K-rob, and others showing up every Friday that they can

2 members like this post: fish, oppweld
5/13/18, 9:31 PM   #36
cowboyhar69

Looks like a total of 118 cars.... wasn’t that long ago when there were 200 cars running on a Saturday night.... the most surprising number to me is the 17 at Paragon..... used to have to run 2 features with their car count. I remember the days when 25 was a huge car count..... and used to be only 14 started s USAC feature..... yeah I am old.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, FishBurger, jim goerge, ronmil
5/13/18, 9:32 PM   #37
btownracer

The construction delays don't help Bloomington

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, oppweld, racenut69
5/15/18, 2:32 PM   #38
captrat

I too think is a problem long term. Sprint car racing is suffering from over saturation. In particular non-wing suffers from the that it is regional, a step below wings in money and broad exposure. Any sport needs a major league with a feeder system. USAC should be that except that it is now being absorbed by that very feeder system. Thus when you have numerous tracks feeding from the same pool you have diluted numbers in quality and quantity. Answer? Always comes down to money. USAC has to increase its purse structure and make the critical decision to make the sprinters its premiere division. Otherwise it continue its descent to being a club with no incentive for expansion into the future. 28-32 car fields are more than adequate for one day shows but there must be a way to guarantee the competitors will be there. Money talks!

4 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld, sam, sprinter31
5/15/18, 2:49 PM   #39
JDK222

Each person on here concerned should put up a couple hundred thousand dollars of their own money and start a team....problem solved.

3 members like this post: Leohr46, mc/rider, trackprep
5/15/18, 4:05 PM   #40
captrat

Plenty of teams but not enough incentive or reward to move long term to the next level.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, the1jet17
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spread too thin