IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway Announcement
5/4/18, 6:13 PM   #1
Kokomo Speedway Announcement
Josh Spencer

I have partnered with the Kokomo Speedway, starting this Sunday May 6th, fans will be able to go to the pits by purchasing an additional ticket for $3.00, to interact and meet the great drivers from 3-5 without purchasing a pit pass, just a general admission ticket! For those new to the pit area or first timers to the track this is a great experience and you can have a tour led by me. This will help you meet the drivers, go behind the scenes, see these beautiful machines, and tour this amazing track! The money raised will go back into the points fund for the drivers! We will be located at the main gate, so mention it to the ticket holder and they will direct you to me. Come on out and support the track and support your favorite driver!

Look for more exciting announcements to come!!!

Thanks,
Josh Spencer

5/4/18, 6:41 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo Speedway Announcement
DOWmotorsports

Well done

5/4/18, 9:43 PM   #3
miwingless

A first class family steps up again! Well done

5/5/18, 12:57 AM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Great idea, Josh! What a great way to introduce fans to the excitement of the pits!

5/5/18, 12:18 PM   #5
Chase Hightower

This is great. All series need to take a lesson from NHRA. Even if it isn’t your cup of tea, they do provide the best fan experience of any racing. I’m glad to see Kokomo do this!!!

5/5/18, 2:36 PM   #6
i love dirt track racing

Only the best for you josh Spencer and your family's. Thanks for all the great things that you have done and continue to do for the sport that we all love. Thanks kokomo speedway for all the great things that you do for us racing fans and racing teams. Thanks.

5/5/18, 7:39 PM   #7
cowboyhar69

Great idea , Josh...... this is done at all AMA Grand National Flat Track motorcycle races. They open the pits after qualifying to the fans for 45 minutes

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, Josh Spencer, superstock30
5/6/18, 10:12 AM   #8
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer View Post
I have partnered with the Kokomo Speedway, starting this Sunday May 6th, fans will be able to go to the pits by purchasing an additional ticket for $3.00, to interact and meet the great drivers from 3-5 without purchasing a pit pass, just a general admission ticket! For those new to the pit area or first timers to the track this is a great experience and you can have a tour led by me. This will help you meet the drivers, go behind the scenes, see these beautiful machines, and tour this amazing track! The money raised will go back into the points fund for the drivers! We will be located at the main gate, so mention it to the ticket holder and they will direct you to me. Come on out and support the track and support your favorite driver!

Look for more exciting announcements to come!!!

Thanks,
Josh Spencer
The really cool thing here is the extra $3.00 to tour the pits is all going to the drivers at the end of the year. This means you get to see exactly whats going on in the pits on Sunday and be a part of the reward for the drivers. Please check it out and have fun.

Jerry #66j

5/6/18, 11:08 AM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I honestly think it's the best thing that can be done.

Going back and chatting with the drivers and teams you only see and hear their names while on the track. It shouldn't have to double the price to make one lap of the pits a couple hours before motors fire.

Promoters should always take a look at the view of a first time customer. If they don't know the drivers, how the cars work or anything about it, What other than a photo finish would bring them back?

If not every week for a couple hours before racing for a couple dollars more, At least a couple time a year, Like Family nights.

Great Job Spencers and Kokomo. Always loved doing it at Gas City

3 members like this post: bjr1655, mc/rider, superstock30
5/6/18, 12:20 PM   #10
mike mcghee

Was there a points fund before this??

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway Announcement