IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > last week's IRP results
6/2/23, 5:47 AM   #1
last week's IRP results
jdull99

Has anyone seen results from last Friday's IRP midget race? I haven't found anything from it...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/2/23, 9:10 AM   #2
Pancho Stapp

Santos set quick time. Jake Trainor won the race followed by Santos, Chuck Gurney Jr., Kyle O’Gara, Kody Swanson, JG, Tanner Swanson, Logan Seavey, J.R. Hildebrand, Brenham Crouch were the top ten.

6/2/23, 9:38 AM   #3
Pancho Stapp

The kid was on a roll the following night he won the 75th running of the Little 500 as a rookie. He was super smooth and looked right at home. Glad i seen it in person and looking forward to next year’s race.

6/2/23, 11:36 AM   #4
Re: last week's IRP results
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp View Post
Santos set quick time. Jake Trainor won the race followed by Santos, Chuck Gurney Jr., Kyle O’Gara, Kody Swanson, JG, Tanner Swanson, Logan Seavey, J.R. Hildebrand, Brenham Crouch were the top ten.
Thanku. Were there more than 10?

My buddy went almost mostly to see them, and he missed the midgets cuz they moved it up...(he doesn't live on his phone looking for updates on schedule changes...lol. Oh well. He saw a lot of racing last wknd)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/2/23, 11:52 AM   #5
Pancho Stapp

Yes they started 20 midgets. They rest of the rundown was Nathan Byrd, Davey Hamilton Jr., Blake Brannon, Todd Bertrand, Johnny Zych, Kevin Studley, Nick Hamilton, Annie Breidinger, Travis Mahoney, Ryan Shilkuski. I hope this helps.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, jdull99, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
6/2/23, 12:00 PM   #6
ThrowbackRacingTeam

USAC should move Terre Haute back to Wednesday then one night at Circle City Thursday, take over sanctioning sprints at Bloomington Friday night for the Burton race and run IRP as a day race Saturday.

1 member likes this post: 2fast4u
6/2/23, 12:28 PM   #7
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
USAC should move Terre Haute back to Wednesday then one night at Circle City Thursday, take over sanctioning sprints at Bloomington Friday night for the Burton race and run IRP as a day race Saturday.
Why in the world would you try to run at IRP during the day on Saturday?

Numerous drivers and fans are already committed to the Little 500 that day.

3 members like this post: Bostonian, MassiveRaceFan, tirespinner
6/2/23, 12:31 PM   #8
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp View Post
Yes they started 20 midgets. They rest of the rundown was Nathan Byrd, Davey Hamilton Jr., Blake Brannon, Todd Bertrand, Johnny Zych, Kevin Studley, Nick Hamilton, Annie Breidinger, Travis Mahoney, Ryan Shilkuski. I hope this helps.
Thank-you. Great info!!! Some cool names thru-out the field. I see the Silver Crown race is announced again for the same date next year. Hope midgets too. Be nice if these midgets picked up some days at Anderson and tracks of the such...

HECK, if anyone has enough interest to make it happen, our local track (Rockford Speedway) wants (last I knew anyway) midgets for its last event at the end of October...I can make the connections but have my own show to plan the week after...

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, MassiveRaceFan, tirespinner
6/2/23, 3:49 PM   #9
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
How are you going to run a Sat day race at IRP? You going to run Silver Crown, midgets and the Formula cars all on Sat afternoon? This year's IRP Friday night attendance was the largest I've seen since the Speedfest days. And on Sat, you still have activities at IMS, the parade downtown and many people making their way to Anderson for the Little 500. How do you schedule USAC at Bloomington Speedway when Silver Crown is at IRP Fri night? Bloomington doesn't need a USAC sanction for their Fri night Burton race - they have MSCS. They just need to figure out how to manage that night correctly, track prep included.

6/2/23, 3:51 PM   #10
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

How was the crowd at IRP?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > last week's IRP results