IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > last week's IRP results
6/2/23, 3:59 PM   #11
Re: last week's IRP results
Bostonian

I think it was cool seeing some of the drivers from MA doing so well. BS III took home the big prize in the Silver Crown race, Trainor in the midget, and Little 500. Plus seeing Bentley Warren in victory lane at the Little 500 was sweet too. Between Friday night and Saturday, I figure some of the drivers must have completed 700 laps of racing. I applaud all of them.

2 members like this post: Hubie48, PIT CART
6/2/23, 5:26 PM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Trainor's got chops for sure, He was at the exact place at the right time at the little five hundred. Not sure however he'd of even been close if Kody didn't lose his power steering. But that''s the test of man and equipment, Something the big 500 used to be.

2 members like this post: Blackduce, Hustlin-Hoosier
6/2/23, 5:31 PM   #13
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
How was the crowd at IRP?
Ron,

The IRP crowd was huge. I thought it was the biggest Silver Crown crowd since the Speedfest days. Larger than last year's October date when they had their three division championship race day. The lower GA bleachers were really full and I noticed a big crowd on the grassy hill. Unfortunately, there were long lines at the ticket windows throughout the late afternoon and evening. I think their pavement Hoosier Hundred was a big success. Heck of a deal for only $25, plus free parking.

4 members like this post: Bostonian, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, ronmil
6/2/23, 6:56 PM   #14
diversified

I think 14 drivers that participated with Silver Crown or midgets at IRP Friday night were in Saturdays’s Little 500. Santos, K Swanson, T Swanson, Roahrig, Bischak, O’Gara, Wease, Welpot, Gossell, Trainor, Seavy, Leary, Axsom and Hamilton Jr. Kudos to Kasey Coler at IRP and Rick Dawson and Jared Owen at Anderson Speedway putting on three spectacular events-I believe the total purse for the midgets, Hoosier 100 Silver Crown and Little 500 Sprint cars exceeded $250,000-pretty sweet for open wheel short track racing! Can’t wait till next year.

6/3/23, 9:37 AM   #15
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
USAC should move Terre Haute back to Wednesday then one night at Circle City Thursday, take over sanctioning sprints at Bloomington Friday night for the Burton race and run IRP as a day race Saturday.
A lot of them drivers need to be in Anderson Saturday for Little 500 at 5:30 PM, including the top 2 finishers. Little 500 pays $25,000 to win, so guess where they will be.

1 member likes this post: Grocery Guy
6/3/23, 7:35 PM   #16
MassiveRaceFan

While IRP is a great track, I'd rather see the Hoosier Hundred name only being used if it's for a dirt race.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
6/4/23, 2:17 AM   #17
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveRaceFan View Post
While IRP is a great track, I'd rather see the Hoosier Hundred name only being used if it's for a dirt race.
What track? No other promotion group stepped forward...

Turkey Night switched a bunch. To a pavement track too...and it was a great event through-out.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: oldfan49, Wendy Atkin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > last week's IRP results