IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: SWEET SPRINGS USAC MIDGET RESULTS: July 15, 2018
7/17/18, 2:25 AM   #11
Re: USAC: SWEET SPRINGS USAC MIDGET RESULTS: July 15, 2018
revjimk

I think Sweet Springs has a thriving Micro sprint scene, which is a stepping stone to real Midgets
But I don't know for sure....

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/17/18, 2:30 AM   #12
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
I think Sweet Springs has a thriving Micro sprint scene, which is a stepping stone to real Midgets
But I don't know for sure....
I just looked at their website. They race a bunch of classes, I don't know what half of them are, but it seems like they have a bunch of cars every weekend...

7/17/18, 2:32 AM   #13
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
I just looked at their website. They race a bunch of classes, I don't know what half of them are, but it seems like they have a bunch of cars every weekend...
6 classes of micro sprints!

7/17/18, 8:25 AM   #14
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
The ARDC wasn't near life support five years ago, of course not all cars were worthy of competeing with a national series but the fields were strong and the racing was good. A few years ago the car counts started dropping into the teens and now we are lucky to have a dozen cars show now. I'm glad we have teams that can compete with USAC but we always had some of those types of teams. Today we might have one or three more teams that can compete with the national guys but I think it came at a heavy price for the racers that can't afford to compete at a national level and have given up on midget racing.
I'm hoping next years ARDC schedule will find some smaller tracks to attract more teams. I would rather see midgets at a track like Kutztown (if it could happen) rather than big half miles and that is only due to the decreasing car counts
Midgets won't ever be at Kutztown as long as Rich and the Speedstr's are there. The Speedstr's were built as a rival / competition to midgets and to be more affordable. I would love to see Midgets there though. I am looking forward to the USAC swing for Path Linda's and Lanco

2 members like this post: jonboat15, tirespinner
7/17/18, 10:09 PM   #15
jonboat15

I've haven't been to Kutztown yet due to their midweek schedule and the two plus hour drive, but I heard the racing is pretty good and pays well for the teams. I know plenty of friends that would agree that we will not see a midget race at Kutztown and you are spot on about the speedtser division being created to replace the midgets. The Speedsters have been around ten or fifteen years now and I just don't see them replacing the midgets, besides the big money Kutztown shows I never really hear about them.
The ARDC has some loyal fans and I'm hoping the club leadership can find a way to turn things around before there is no ARDC.
Sorry for my couple of mini rants. lol.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: SWEET SPRINGS USAC MIDGET RESULTS: July 15, 2018