IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6
8/2/11, 10:51 PM   #1
Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6
Keith Ford

Paragon Speedway will be closed sat Aug 6 HOTTT, the next racing event will be sat Aug 13

8/2/11, 11:08 PM   #2
Re: Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Are you saying that you cancelled the races due to high temps? The forecast is calling for a high of 87. wow thats a cool down from what it has been. What a fantastic call.

8/3/11, 12:58 AM   #3
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Low car counts must be hurting,i agree sat is gonna be cooler,,,
Posted via Mobile Device

8/3/11, 1:34 AM   #4
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

I was told he wasn't racing because he didn't sell but 72 Hamburgers last weekend so he can't afford to have a race! Sounds made up but that's what I was told by someone that called him! Pretty lame excuse no I did not make this up just passing the word and i'm sure some will be mad Including Ford!

Danny 24

8/3/11, 5:45 AM   #5
hoosiers47404

Wow Keith, I am a little surprised you would cancel considering we missed about a month of racing in May due to rain. It was a lot hotter last Saturday than what is predicted for this Saturday. Not trying to complain Keith, I just want to race there Saturday.
Posted using Mobile Device

8/3/11, 6:49 AM   #6
butlergrafix

I heard the fair was this weekend at Martinsville... so that might have a little to do with it. Im sure the fair would take away from some of the grandstand admissions and maybe a few from the pits. People can be mad for the decision but you cant blame him, i think bloomington takes fair week off also. Im sure it has been a rough year with all the rainouts at the beginning of the season... then only got a few shows in before it turned off 100.

on a side note, i was looking for a place to race this weekend and noticed brownstown also canceled this weekends racing...(maybe b/c of heat?)
Last edited by butlergrafix; 8/3/11 at 8:29 AM.

8/3/11, 7:42 AM   #7
throb

youre kidding right????

8/3/11, 10:30 AM   #8
wolfracer69

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlergrafix View Post
I heard the fair was this weekend at Martinsville... so that might have a little to do with it. Im sure the fair would take away from some of the grandstand admissions and maybe a few from the pits. People can be mad for the decision but you cant blame him, i think bloomington takes fair week off also. Im sure it has been a rough year with all the rainouts at the beginning of the season... then only got a few shows in before it turned off 100.

on a side note, i was looking for a place to race this weekend and noticed brownstown also canceled this weekends racing...(maybe b/c of heat?)
come on over to put glad to have you

8/3/11, 11:36 AM   #9
Bradleyracing86

Everyone can speculate why Brownstown, and Paragon are closed this weekend... High temps, Fair weeks...what ever people think..... We all know the real reason is shark week. Lol

4 members like this post: cmakin, Hubie, MWestfallfan54, outlaw13
8/3/11, 11:56 AM   #10
axsom#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Everyone can speculate why Brownstown, and Paragon are closed this weekend... High temps, Fair weeks...what ever people think..... We all know the real reason is shark week. Lol
HA HA good one bradley. So sick of tracks closing for fairs and temp . bloomington closed for Fair , Hum right after there biggest week of the year Indiana Sprint Week , they could close for a month and be ahead . Oh and the World of Outlaws are bloomington's next race , going for the home run there 2 shows in one month and there biggest shows.
Paragon , feel bad for Keith they didn't have 50 people in the stands , hard to keep open like that . The near fighting in the pits was good , The heat was getting to people sat nite. I saw 3 near fights before security stepped in . Heat was really bad . People getting out of sprint cars and wanting to beat the snott out of one another. Ha ya racing in the midwest , got a love it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6