IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-8/14
8/5/15, 2:33 PM   #1
Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-8/14
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hartford Speedway
Hartford, Michigan
http://www.hartfordspeedway.net

Friday, August 14th 2015
Open Wing Sprint Invitational
MTS 410 Non Wing Sprints <> Standard MTS Payout
-
Open 410 / 360 Wing Sprints, MTS 410 Non-Wing Sprints, UMP Modifieds, & UMP Stock Cars
-
Grandstands - $15.00
Pit Pass - $25.00
-
Open Wing Sprint Invitational - Open to all 410 & 360 Wing Sprints

*NO ENTRY FEE - BUY YOUR PIT PASS AND RACE

*Open Tire Brand - Medium or Hard 105/16-15 Right Rear

*8 Lap Heats - 20 Lap Feature

*Questions? Call Promoter Tim Dibble (269)-313-9132

*Guaranteed Payout below $1,500 win, $300 start, & $100 tow

01. $1,500 to win
02. $950
03. $700
04. $600
05. $500
06. $425
07. $400
08. $375
09. $350
10. $325
11. $300
12. $300
13. $300
14. $300
15. $300
16. $300
17. $300
18. $300
19. $300
20. $300

$100 Tow Money
Last edited by nathans1012; 8/5/15 at 8:33 PM.

8/5/15, 6:44 PM   #2
Re: Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-
Midget 89

Hartford seems to be taking a good hard look at sprints. Could it be a regular weekly class?

2 members like this post: Spi-nex, spicoli
8/5/15, 7:15 PM   #3
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget 89 View Post
Hartford seems to be taking a good hard look at sprints. Could it be a regular weekly class?
Whether they are, or not, every time I have been there, the crowd has been huge. It will also be for this Friday - American Late Models. Not exactly open wheel, but the staff over there at the track has been doing a top shelf job.

8/5/15, 7:34 PM   #4
Joltin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Hartford Speedway
Hartford, Michigan
http://www.hartfordspeedway.net

*Open Tire Brand - Medium or Hard 105/16-15 Right Rear

How is it "Open Tire Brand" when those are Hooiser compound and sizes?

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, K9Racer, Spi-nex
8/5/15, 7:43 PM   #5
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltin Joe View Post
You'd have to ask them. I copied from the tracks website.

8/5/15, 8:12 PM   #6
MIracing

Quote:
In an early post they put they were dabbling with the future. Does that mean weekly sprints? Not necessarily, it could mean they might try a few open shows next year.

I think it could work to run weekly sprints somewhere Friday night in Michigan. They wouldn't have competition. They are currently competing with two other local tracks running late models on Friday night. The payout they are giving is not much different than their late model payout. So, I could see it taking place of late models.

Like Mike said that place is packed especially on the nights they have had sprints. I also agree no matter what the Dibbles do they will do a great job trying to make it the best possible for the fans.
Last edited by MIracing; 8/5/15 at 8:21 PM.

8/5/15, 8:29 PM   #7
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltin Joe View Post
Sorry about that... it was 4AM when I typed that up. I just tweaked it to say any 16" RR. Make it simple. Thanks for pointing that out.
Last edited by Spi-nex; 8/5/15 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Screwed up again...

2 members like this post: K9Racer, Midget 89
8/5/15, 8:49 PM   #8
Spi-nex

Quote:
We're poking around with different ideas as we edge towards the conclusion of the season. We have five weeks remaining and we're going to try and shake things up a bit to see if there is any particular direction we should be going.

The addition of the Open Sprint portion of the program was a direct result of our fans wanting more sprint car racing. This is also an opportunity to spotlight the MTS Sprints among a broader audience to potentially expand their brand.

We will be paying special attention to our Late Model program this week (8/7) and the Open Sprint show on 8/14 and see what happens. Nothing has been decided at this point regarding 2016. It seems that the Late Model community is in flux right now and our fans want more sprinters. But are there enough sprinters around to support a half mile on weekly or semi-weekly basis? I don't know for sure and that's why we are dabbling now instead of leaving questions on the table when snow flies.

My personal hope would be to see someone like Kevin Thomas Jr. show up to run double duty and see if he could do the sweep. (But then that's just the race fan in me.)

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
8/5/15, 9:05 PM   #9
MIracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
We're poking around with different ideas as we edge towards the conclusion of the season. We have five weeks remaining and we're going to try and shake things up a bit to see if there is any particular direction we should be going.

The addition of the Open Sprint portion of the program was a direct result of our fans wanting more sprint car racing. This is also an opportunity to spotlight the MTS Sprints among a broader audience to potentially expand their brand.

We will be paying special attention to our Late Model program this week (8/7) and the Open Sprint show on 8/14 and see what happens. Nothing has been decided at this point regarding 2016. It seems that the Late Model community is in flux right now and our fans want more sprinters. But are there enough sprinters around to support a half mile on weekly or semi-weekly basis? I don't know for sure and that's why we are dabbling now instead of leaving questions on the table when snow flies.

My personal hope would be to see someone like Kevin Thomas Jr. show up to run double duty and see if he could do the sweep. (But then that's just the race fan in me.)
What a great honest answer. Best of luck to you guys the next couple of weeks and in the future. I know I'll be making another trip to Hartford in the future. As for Kevin Thomas Jr., he is making his way to Knoxville that weekend. Maybe Caleb Armstrong will come put on a show though.

8/5/15, 9:12 PM   #10
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
As for Kevin Thomas Jr., he is making his way to Knoxville that weekend. Maybe Caleb Armstrong will come put on a show though.
KT was just arbitrary name as I know he does both wing & non-wing. We'd love to see and welcome Mr. Armstrong!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-8/14