IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 27th World of Outlaws @ Lawrenceburg
5/28/13, 4:40 PM   #71
johnnythunderhead
Banned

at no time did i say i wanted to see wing-ed cars at the burg (you may be refering to mr. nungester's post?) i commented that since the woo was scheduled i woukld like to have seen non wing sprints along with them (there was a time not too long ago when the non wing cars ran in conjunction to the wing-ed cars at the burg for special events)

sorry wing lubbers, but i find non wing racing to be more competitive and much better racing (and i moved here from predomantly wing-ed country) and i find moist tacky tracks a whole lot more enjoyable than being sandblasted in the face. i like rooster tails of wet cleats of clay shooting up into the air by the rim riders. not rooster tails of horrendous clouds of dust to limit the view and to choke on

i know ted johnson demanded dry slicks, but he's long dead, so r i p mr. johnson and r i p dry slicks

i would also like to add that it seemed as though the burg had always been traditionally moist and tacky whenever i was there up until the past couple years

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 5/28/13 at 4:49 PM.

5/28/13, 4:54 PM   #72
Re: May 27th World of Outlaws @ Lawrenceburg
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Hey Thunderhead,

You better get used to it. That is how the outlaws like it and they don't/won't do anything to change that. You went from proclaiming Lawrenceburg Speedway the best in the country to running them down a week later for the track prep. You can't have it both ways.

Just imagine what your ideal show would look like. Traditional sprints and winged sprints on the same card? What do you think track prep would look like for that? Don't believe that will happen in my lifetime. Good luck with that though. You really need to get out of the basement and back away from the keyboard more often. You're missing a whole lot of racing.
Why can't you have it both ways, Mud Packer? One week it was a moist, dust-free, lightning fast track that could be described in superlatives, and the next week it was a giant 3/8 mile sandblasting tank that could be legitimately criticized by the same person IMHO.

5/28/13, 5:06 PM   #73
spicoli

If the WoO allowed non-wing sprints to be run as a support group, instead of modifieds or street stocks, no one would ever go back to see a WoO race.

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DWX 9929, jim goerge, mowerman, scootch72, Ty
5/28/13, 5:49 PM   #74
Flatrightrear

Terre Haute under Gerry Olsen ran the Outlaws and non-wing together years ago for a couple years. Would be nice to see the Outlaws back at Terre Haute and kind've surprised they're not with Sargent and O'Connors' both running them at their other facilities. They always drew huge crowds and would again.

5/28/13, 5:59 PM   #75
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
Why can't you have it both ways, Mud Packer? One week it was a moist, dust-free, lightning fast track that could be described in superlatives, and the next week it was a giant 3/8 mile sandblasting tank that could be legitimately criticized by the same person IMHO.
Sorry about my error. Obviously you can Cecil, obviously you can. Enjoy the racing season.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/28/13, 6:02 PM   #76
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
If the WoO allowed non-wing sprints to be run as a support group, instead of modifieds or street stocks, no one would ever go back to see a WoO race.
Last time I went to a World of Outlaws race was in 2004 at Lawrenceburg. The "support" series was non-wing sprints. I believe Dickie Gaines won that feature.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
5/28/13, 6:12 PM   #77
sp6967

i don't understand people talking about wing sprint cars? no such thing,sprint cars don't have wings.

2 members like this post: DWX 9929, Ty
5/28/13, 6:17 PM   #78
john3g

I swear to god....IT WAS AN OUTLAW SHOW!!!! You were lucky because I have to wait until I96 and Kokomo! You guys ***** about the racing and in the same breath you ***** about the track being junk. Hey both go hand in hand! Those that went, got to see the very best sprint car drivers and teams in nation! You guys, I swear.... One guy on here can't believe the following that the WoO series gets? Really? Are you kidding me! Let me tell you why...THERE THE BEST!!! BOTTOM LINE,THERE ARE THE VERY BEST!!!! No other series winged or non has the names and the sponsors that the WoO's have. Yes it's to bad that there isn't a non-wing series that has the capability to draw these kind of names and $$$$... I mean hell these guys can and do pack the house any day of the week. There is NO other series that does this or can do this 90x's a year! NONE!! I wish that there was a serious non-wing series that paid like the WoO that could draw the super stars of our sport! Ya wanna know a secret? THEY WOULD STILL BE THE BEST!!!! But until a real non-wing series comes about there will never be a series to rival them!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: 5JMOFFATTFAN!
5/28/13, 6:20 PM   #79
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

5/28/13, 6:43 PM   #80
pepprdig

I second that Charles!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 27th World of Outlaws @ Lawrenceburg