IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > led
2/22/14, 4:23 AM   #1
led
diana

Hello
I need a bunch of advice.I want to power my trailer using a 110 volt generator. I want to wire 5 led 24w ceiling light fixtures and 2
20 w floodlights in parallel all in one circuit. I don't know if I should go series or parallel what are the pros and cons. Also I have heard that you should not mix different wattage led's in the same circuit. Are they talking single led's or complete ceiling fixtures with there own driver.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Thank you

2/22/14, 7:28 PM   #2
Re: led
diana

does no one know anything about led's
Anybody!!!!

2/22/14, 9:25 PM   #3
DAD

Diana

Seems like a long time.

Remember those cheap Christmas tree light sets that all the bulbs went out when one bulb went bad and you had to spend an hour finding the bad one so that the other bulbs on the darned thing would light up again. Those were wired in series. Most ac or dc circuits are wired in parallel, and that is the reason.

Honest Dad himself

2/22/14, 9:28 PM   #4
PatrickMead#13

I would install a small breaker box and run your power to it from the gen to that. Then have two separate feeds (2 breakers) going out and put your inside lights on one and your floods on the other. Simple install and protected circuits for each load. Safe way to go.

2/23/14, 4:09 AM   #5
diana

thanks good info. Have you ever heard of not mixing different voltage led's

2/23/14, 11:00 AM   #6
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

First post you asked about mixing wattage, last post voltage; either way, if you run your 110 into a breaker box as Pat suggested and split the 2 circuits, one circuit for one voltage and/or wattage driver and a second for the other, I wouldn't think you'd have any problems.
Not that I'm an expert on LED lighting. I googled "LED drivers" and found a ton of info at trcelectrics.com; maybe your best bet would be to give somebody like that a call.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2/23/14, 12:03 PM   #7
smcpherson

The post above about putting in a panel with a breaker for the outside light and one for the inside lights is the way it should be done if your trailer already isn't set up with one.
You can buy LED bulbs that go directly into AC fixtures.
You can also buy LED fixtures where the is a AC to DC transformer mounted in a different box , but will still need to be tied into its own breaker

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > led