IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should LPS get a sprint week race in 2011?
Yes 81 81.82%
No 18 18.18%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint week
11/13/10, 12:51 AM   #1
Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint week
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I heard that Putnamville did not get a sprint week date next year and my question is why? It makes absolutely no sense to not include LPS during sprint week.

Who actually makes the decision on what races are in sprint week? Who ever it may be.... I think you should give LPS a sprint week date.

11/13/10, 8:45 AM   #2
Re: Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint we
Dyno Don

I would suspect that USAC was not happy the way they ran the show.

The track was in great shape after the Sprint heats and then LPS ran all the local stuff.When Sprints came out for the semi the track had taken rubber and was dry and slick with litle or no cushion.There was no attempt to rework the track, probably because LPS said the Sprint feature would be over by 10:00PM.

I think if LPS had worked the Sprints in with the local stuff or reworked the track they would probably have a date.

11/13/10, 9:12 AM   #3
lovindirt

I like a clean dry slick track, just have to set up for them a little different. You can still pass if you hit the right setup just have to do it all right.Less tearoffs and a whole lot less cleanup work involved, and just as fun. It really don't have to be follow the leader if you set it up right. JMO and JMO only.

11/13/10, 9:41 AM   #4
mayor31

Sounds like a good reason to run a big race against them double the money up for grabs and let you see where that racers go..

2 members like this post: JEFFSTOY
11/13/10, 10:05 AM   #5
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor31 View Post
Sounds like a good reason to run a big race against them double the money up for grabs and let you see where that racers go..
THAT sounds like a good way to lose money. I always thought the other track promoters voted on who gets a sprintweek date.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, mowerman
11/13/10, 10:22 AM   #6
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
that sounds like a good way to lose money. I always thought the other track promoters voted on who gets a sprintweek date.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor31 View Post
sounds like a good reason to run a big race against them double the money up for grabs and let you see where that racers go..
amen...

11/13/10, 10:38 AM   #7
smith19

well i see the locals don't like the call.

11/13/10, 11:40 AM   #8
BrentTFunk

I am going to go out on a limb and say this decision has nothing to do with Putnamville. I know teams are pretty worn out by the end of the week and probably would not want an extra night added on. With that being said I would like to see them added. To the staff at Putnamville next season I will attend shows at your track (weekly and specials) but I would not attend a show during Sprintweeek due to no money left after the other shows. Still a long way off maybe something could give. Also for the record, I thought the Billy Marvel Classic was one of my top5 races last year.

3 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, Hubie, jim goerge
11/13/10, 11:46 AM   #9
old timer

I hear that Paragon got that night!

11/13/10, 12:01 PM   #10
racefan20

Where did you hear that?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint week