IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out 40
3/27/16, 3:10 PM   #161
SprintcarZF

I don't know how you can say Cummins was drivin over his head. Sure he slid off the track in 3&4 while leading, but I do recall Brady and Robert sliding off the track while leading also along many other drivers throughout the field last night. I feel like he was just tryin to do what he had to do to get the win many drivers make that mistake in races all the time. His wins will come this season and there will be plenty of them.
Last edited by SprintcarZF; 3/27/16 at 3:15 PM.

3/27/16, 5:30 PM   #162
Re: No way out 40
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

This was my first No Way Out 40, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks so much to the Morgans for their hospitality. Really enjoyed tailgating with all the gang and viewing the race with them, Mr. and Mrs. Dirtfan, and my trusty sidekick, Jim Goerges who does a good job keeping the bad buys away while I drive. Also talked to many other of my IOW friends during the evening, among them Brent Goodnight, Wingless lovers, Smith 19, MC rider, Al and Tom Pierce, and several more. Great way to start my outdoor season!
Last edited by ronmil; 3/28/16 at 2:03 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/27/16, 5:55 PM   #163
BrentTFunk

I thought it was a good race. The battle between Ballou, Clauson, and Cummins was really good. Darland was good coming through the field. Brady Short was maybe the run of the night in the last 6 laps of his B. The weather was great and it was over around 10:30. Also congrats to Max Mcghee on another track record.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 3/27/16 at 6:01 PM.

3/27/16, 6:11 PM   #164
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Really, So why is Nascar and Indycar ONE BRAND ONLY, EVERYWHERE? They can't take their cars and run em anywhere else so its a monopoly but its also a choice Do it they're way or the highway
You may not like it but it is not illegal. Doesn't mean it is the right thing to do or that it is good for racing but it does not violate antitrust law. Also, NASCAR's tire war was not very successful and if I recall correctly drivers thought it was dangerous. Competition for speed led to high speed blow outs. I am not supporting either side but fighting a tire rule will be between drivers and tracks, not up to lawyers.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, jim goerge
3/27/16, 6:12 PM   #165
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I thought it was a good race. The battle between Ballou, Clauson, and Cummins was really good. Darland was good coming through the field. Brady Short was maybe the run of the night in the last 6 laps of his B. The weather was great and it was over around 10:30. Also congrats to Max Mcghee on another track record.
Agree with all of your post! I thought it was an excellent race! Brady Short and Dave Darland put on the drives of the night!

3/27/16, 7:16 PM   #166
Knoke77

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
What's bad is this is a direct violation of anti trust laws, and a good lawyer could put an end to it as it prevents "free trade", and the tracks are doing it to racers instead of just doing a durometer test and allowing any brand. This would not be breaking the laws like this 4 corner rule does. McCreary or any other manufacturer could sue if they have the $ and nerve. I don't think most tracks are aware that they are basically promoting a monopoly, which once again is against antitrust laws.
They have been there, done that. Google the following.

Judge Kicks Tires, Tosses Dirt Race Monopoly Lawsuit - Law360

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, jim goerge
3/28/16, 9:20 AM   #167
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
That's a actual line if you ask me for Brownstown, B Short used to run that the whole race diamond style. off the track on front and back stretch, huggin the tires in the corners.
Chucky, turn 4 is not the front or backstretch.

3/28/16, 9:28 AM   #168
Graham08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueracer123 View Post
Yea sorry but your wrong. It would not hold up in court. Antitrust laws are in place so that no one person or corporation controls the entire market for one product or service. Aka, oil, cell phones, cars, ect. One track creating a rule that all four of the same tires on a car is not creating a monopoly.

If you don't like running all purple tires on your car. Do you have to race at that track? No! Just go to another track running your class that night and put on the other brand.

Now if every single track in the country said every single car had to run purple tires. Thus resoluting in the other brand going out of business. Then you can call monopoly and be angry about it.
Actually, it hasn't held up in court. Way back in the 80's, M&H sued over a track tire rule that spec'd Hoosiers somewhere up in the northeast. They lost. There was a similar suit in 2007 that was dismissed. Here's a link to an article talking about the 2007 suit that also references the 1984 ruling.

http://www.rubbernews.com/article/20...gainst-hoosier

I don't like spec tire rules in most instances, but that doesn't make them illegal.

3/28/16, 11:13 AM   #169
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintcarZF View Post
I don't know how you can say Cummins was drivin over his head. Sure he slid off the track in 3&4 while leading, but I do recall Brady and Robert sliding off the track while leading also along many other drivers throughout the field last night. I feel like he was just tryin to do what he had to do to get the win many drivers make that mistake in races all the time. His wins will come this season and there will be plenty of them.
I think he went off turn 4 at least 3 times in a row, maybe more. Sure he was trying to win it, but 3 or 4 slide jobs also were you come to almost a stop. The leader running into the back of you. Like I said he probably was driving a little harder and driving over he head. And yes I have seen sprintcar racing and keep up on it. Just an observation, IMO.

3/28/16, 12:28 PM   #170
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
I think he went off turn 4 at least 3 times in a row, maybe more. Sure he was trying to win it, but 3 or 4 slide jobs also were you come to almost a stop. The leader running into the back of you. Like I said he probably was driving a little harder and driving over he head. And yes I have seen sprintcar racing and keep up on it. Just an observation, IMO.
Driving over his head to means he wasn't good enough or experienced enough to be up there. Well I got news for you he is good enough and can beat those guys at anytime or any place. Yes he was driving hard and was pushing Ballou and Clauson. He was giving it everything he had to win just like everyone else out there. Slide jobs and running off the track is all part of it . Pushing your car and the track is how you win. The guy that won the race did that the best. It was a great race with lots of action all around guys moving up guys falling back. $7500 to win makes everyone hungry to do what ya gotta do to win in Honoring the name Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett. Believe me Jesse was smiling down on all of us Saturday night. What an awesome way to start off sprint car racing season here in Indiana.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out 40