IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out 40
3/27/16, 9:19 AM   #151
cmiracingvids

I'm also confused by where certain cars started. If they used qualifying times then DD would have started up front, and he did, but Bland didn't have a qualifying time and he started on the pole of his B. I dunno. But Brady's epic come from the tail in 6 laps to get the transfer spot at the line was incredible! And the feature was awesome! Great racing all night.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, tirespinner
3/27/16, 9:20 AM   #152
Re: No way out 40
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
What's bad is this is a direct violation of anti trust laws, and a good lawyer could put an end to it as it prevents "free trade", and the tracks are doing it to racers instead of just doing a durometer test and allowing any brand. This would not be breaking the laws like this 4 corner rule does. McCreary or any other manufacturer could sue if they have the $ and nerve. I don't think most tracks are aware that they are basically promoting a monopoly, which once again is against antitrust laws.
I think that you might need to do some more research about anti-trust laws. I know many people hate spec rules, but I have always believed it ultimately helps the racers because it is one less item that they can try to throw money at.

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
3/27/16, 10:25 AM   #153
chastaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I think that you might need to do some more research about anti-trust laws. I know many people hate spec rules, but I have always believed it ultimately helps the racers because it is one less item that they can try to throw money at.
Per US Gov site:
United States antitrust law is a collection of federal and state government laws that regulates the conduct and organization of business corporations, generally to promote fair competition for the benefit of consumers. (The concept is called competition law in other English-speaking countries.)
Appears to me this rule does exactly what the law is trying to prevent "fair competition for the benefit of consumers"
Don't get me wrong I run Purple, always have 100% of the time because I personally feel they have the best product, but choice should be left up to the consumer.

1 member likes this post: Leohr46
3/27/16, 10:54 AM   #154
pushinthecushin

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
I'm also confused by where certain cars started. If they used qualifying times then DD would have started up front, and he did, but Bland didn't have a qualifying time and he started on the pole of his B. I dunno. But Brady's epic come from the tail in 6 laps to get the transfer spot at the line was incredible! And the feature was awesome! Great racing all night.
Bland didn't have a time and started at the back of his heat and finished 5th so him starting on the pole of the b main was legit because they lined up the B's by finish.
It doesn't explain why Darland started where he started but Bland was good. Hopefully someone can explain it.

1 member likes this post: cmiracingvids
3/27/16, 11:09 AM   #155
SPRINTCAR

Cummins was driving over his head and off turn 4 several times. Just needs to settle in and he will be there every race.

3/27/16, 1:43 PM   #156
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Per US Gov site:
United States antitrust law is a collection of federal and state government laws that regulates the conduct and organization of business corporations, generally to promote fair competition for the benefit of consumers. (The concept is called competition law in other English-speaking countries.)
Appears to me this rule does exactly what the law is trying to prevent "fair competition for the benefit of consumers"
Don't get me wrong I run Purple, always have 100% of the time because I personally feel they have the best product, but choice should be left up to the consumer.
For what it is worth...it isn't this simple. There is plenty of competition in the tire business. Since racers have an ability to choose where to race they "voluntarily" decide to participate or not. They can go to another track or decide not to race. Trade can be restricted or limited it just can't be done in an unreasonable manner or practices can't be unfair or deceptive. Competition in the sense of the law would have no relationship to competition between racers on the track. If tire companies thought these practices violated antitrust there would have been lawsuits long ago. I think an attorney would have a very hard time proving damages to the consumer (racer) as the law is written.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, jim goerge
3/27/16, 1:49 PM   #157
Blueracer123

Quote:
Per US Gov site:
Yea sorry but your wrong. It would not hold up in court. Antitrust laws are in place so that no one person or corporation controls the entire market for one product or service. Aka, oil, cell phones, cars, ect. One track creating a rule that all four of the same tires on a car is not creating a monopoly.

If you don't like running all purple tires on your car. Do you have to race at that track? No! Just go to another track running your class that night and put on the other brand.

Now if every single track in the country said every single car had to run purple tires. Thus resoluting in the other brand going out of business. Then you can call monopoly and be angry about it.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, jim goerge, Smash the Loud Pedal
3/27/16, 2:14 PM   #158
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
Cummins was driving over his head and off turn 4 several times. Just needs to settle in and he will be there every race.
That's a actual line if you ask me for Brownstown, B Short used to run that the whole race diamond style. off the track on front and back stretch, huggin the tires in the corners.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/27/16 at 2:20 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, SisterToThe3c
3/27/16, 2:19 PM   #159
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueracer123 View Post
Yea sorry but your wrong. It would not hold up in court. Antitrust laws are in place so that no one person or corporation controls the entire market for one product or service. Aka, oil, cell phones, cars, ect. One track creating a rule that all four of the same tires on a car is not creating a monopoly.

If you don't like running all purple tires on your car. Do you have to race at that track? No! Just go to another track running your class that night and put on the other brand.

Now if every single track in the country said every single car had to run purple tires. Thus resoluting in the other brand going out of business. Then you can call monopoly and be angry about it.
Really, So why is Nascar and Indycar ONE BRAND ONLY, EVERYWHERE? They can't take their cars and run em anywhere else so its a monopoly but its also a choice Do it they're way or the highway

3/27/16, 3:01 PM   #160
jaybird

I don't know if you been watching any non wing racing lately but he's already there!!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out 40