IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500
5/25/14, 3:29 PM   #21
Re: Night Before The 500
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by R A K View Post
My guess is because you get in FREE every race you attend!?!
Have you EVER paid to attend a race?
Would you have anything to do with the sport if you did have to pay to attend like the majority of us?
Yeah, it's because of the $30 pit pass I get for free that I attend the races.

I forgot to add. I put together a newspaper last night that reaches 20,000 people. It had all kinds of auto racing in it. And yes, I got paid for it.

How many times have you looked at your local paper and had a shot of a pavement sprint car on the front and another on an inside page doing a wheelie?

I attempt to promote auto racing to the stick and ball crowd. And do it all for thankless people like yourself.

Are you being KINGDOM-minded?

1 member likes this post: mowerman
5/25/14, 3:54 PM   #22
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
Yeah, it's because of the $30 pit pass I get for free that I attend the races.

I forgot to add. I put together a newspaper last night that reaches 20,000 people. It had all kinds of auto racing in it. And yes, I got paid for it.

How many times have you looked at your local paper and had a shot of a pavement sprint car on the front and another on an inside page doing a wheelie?

I attempt to promote auto racing to the stick and ball crowd. And do it all for thankless people like yourself.

Are you being KINGDOM-minded?
Mr. Fisher, I stand corrected.
I had no idea the impact you have at promoting this sport.

3 members like this post: fish, Honest-Sam, team3521
5/25/14, 4:15 PM   #23
Honest-Sam

Personally, I applaud ALL photographers and videographers. We ALL have a lot of great pics and vids at our disposal to view, for free. OWNING said pic or vid may be a different story, but we can almost always view them for free. Sidenote: I once entered the pits directly behind a reporter from a prominent open wheel magazine (about 4 yrs ago) that was mad that he had to pay to
get in. The lesson is, that they don't always get in for free. And even if they do, that's ALL they get. I imagine, photogs please chime in, that gas, wear and tear, hot dogs, and sodas are never covered. Would love to hear from Danny Burton, KO, Jim Morrison, Dave Merritt, Chris Pederson, Carey Aiken, Dean Mills, Sean Buckley, etc., and many, many more that I've never even heard of yet, to see what THEY spend to attend. There are also countless FANS that spend a LOT of money just to attend our races. It's quite humbling actually.....
Last edited by Honest-Sam; 5/25/14 at 4:16 PM.

1 member likes this post: fish
5/25/14, 4:34 PM   #24
Photochick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
Personally, I applaud ALL photographers and videographers. We ALL have a lot of great pics and vids at our disposal to view, for free. OWNING said pic or vid may be a different story, but we can almost always view them for free. Sidenote: I once entered the pits directly behind a reporter from a prominent open wheel magazine (about 4 yrs ago) that was mad that he had to pay to
get in. The lesson is, that they don't always get in for free. And even if they do, that's ALL they get. I imagine, photogs please chime in, that gas, wear and tear, hot dogs, and sodas are never covered. Would love to hear from Danny Burton, KO, Jim Morrison, Dave Merritt, Chris Pederson, Carey Aiken, Dean Mills, Sean Buckley, etc., and many, many more that I've never even heard of yet, to see what THEY spend to attend. There are also countless FANS that spend a LOT of money just to attend our races. It's quite humbling actually.....
I've been shooting for over 18 years now and I pay my way in every race I go to. Sam, I believe what RAK is trying to illustrate is these guys (racers) strap in every race and they PAY to get in. I do believe you missed the point RAK was making though.

5/25/14, 4:56 PM   #25
Honest-Sam

Perhaps I misunderstood post #20, to which my post was directed... I should have quoted post #20.

1 member likes this post: Photochick
5/25/14, 7:16 PM   #26
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Why don't you go work for them again and fix all these problems since it seems you have the solution. All you do is bash USAC when you post my guess is you have burned a lot bridges in your day and can't even be considered for it anymore. I get tired of people whining about USAC this USAC that but no one seems to have a legitimate solution. Come up with a solidified solution to the problems even if it's just one of many they may have and submit to the USAC office. The best way to help USAC and the racers is to support them and bring a friend to the track. Not sure where you get 8 sprint car teams either last I checked they have never had a show with that low of a count at a sprint car event.

Again everyone just needs to support them and help them grow instead of bashing your not solving anything just hurting the sport more. Submit something to spridge if you have the answer to fix a problem he will listen and pass it on.

1- Would never work for or around any organization that puts money in front of safety...

2- I did not have all the answers / nor do I claim to ever have.... I worked with a group of racers ..Men like Roger McClusky Mike Devin, Gary Sakola, John Capels, Greg Staubb, Arnold Edgar, Norm Shields, all racers....they were men of their word, men that had a passion for racing...men that ALWAYS put safety first...basically the key word is they were MEN!!!
Last edited by ossuks; 5/27/14 at 2:15 PM.

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Hotrod, mowerman, racer5c, red22, team3521
5/25/14, 9:27 PM   #27
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
1- Would never work for or around any organization that puts money in front of safety...

2- I did not have all the answers / nor do I claim to ever have.... I worked with a group of racers ..Men like Mike Devin, Gary Sakola, John Capels, Greg Staubb, Arnold Edgar, Norm Shields, all racers....they were men of their word, men that had a passion for racing...men that ALWAYS put safety first...basically the key word is they were MEN!!!
1) How does an organization make more money from allowing their cars to be unsafe?

2) These all sound like very admirable men. Men that would stand behind their word with their name.

Jim Fisher
Last edited by fish; 5/25/14 at 9:41 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat
5/25/14, 10:04 PM   #28
ossuks

Never mentioned anything about unsafe cars....have no idea what you are reading ??? And everyone on this board that attended more than 1 USAC race knows my name!!.... When an organization lowers their medical requirements to save a few dollars that is sacrificing safety! When mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, ect, have trusted you to provide that safety!!!...I have been been a part of situations that a life was saved because the quality of medical personal was available....I refuse to be a part of a situation when that is not the case so there will be $700 more to put in the Detroit savings account!

2 members like this post: monkeyboy, red22
5/26/14, 12:55 PM   #29
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
And everyone on this board that attended more than 1 USAC race knows my name!!....
And all this time I have been going to the races,I have been trying to remember the drivers names. I dont know what your name is and I have been to many USAC races. Why dont you just use your own name like I do?

What does the other side of your record sound like? We know side one is "I hate USAC"

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, dkdorkboy, fish, Kellen Conover, sprintcar39
5/26/14, 1:59 PM   #30
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Hes stated on here before his name...its Bill Carey. Definitely not afraid to tell it like it is

2 members like this post: fish, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500