IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank
12/30/12, 4:26 PM   #21
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
Blitzman

I guess nuttin much has changed around here. D. Moore bitchn bout something. Wasnt even there this weekend. But I would guess the reason why people were cheern for Stewart breaking had nuttin to do with a square tail tank. Just a thought.
Hey Moore, you going to Tulsa & ***** about the square tanks racin @ the Chili Bowl also.. & dont give me the answere that its not a USAC event either.. I've came to this board about 5 times a year. 4 of those times I see a post that your bitchn about a rule or something.

4 members like this post: Modocer 57, Rex W., Rpracing1
12/30/12, 4:40 PM   #22
DonMoore10

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT

The official DON MOORE SQUARE MIDGET TAIL TANK is now available. All colors and sizes.

Moore Racing Enterprises LLC
LaGrange, OH
Square Tail Tank Production Shop 440-355-4407
Order by cell: 440-915-2331
Order Online: www.clickdonmoore.com
Last edited by DonMoore10; 12/30/12 at 4:41 PM.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jdull99, luckybuc97, PIT CART, sc17x
12/30/12, 5:29 PM   #23
Pat O'Connor Fan

Someone in this thread must be a military guy, 'cause a standard comment I heard 16 trillion times while in the USAF was, "he ain't happy unless he is bitchin' about something"

3 members like this post: DaveP63, lightning01, RoS&S
12/30/12, 5:53 PM   #24
TQ29m

Have you ever noticed, seems like the "special" races, Chilli Bowl, indoor races, don't follow the "traditional" rules, and again, logic has nothing to do with it, and it is a "promoters" choice, or option, to allow, or disallow whatever, within reason, he wants to, if it said as so many do, in the "rule" book, "must maintain a traditional" midget appearance, then the "T-Roadster" tail would probably not be allowed, but evidently it doesn't, or the person putting on the show doesn't feel it is a point to discuss, so it happens, most folks realize that the "special" races, lean toward the "outlaw" side a bit, and it is a chance to get your "fix", so I don't see it as a "big" deal, maybe it's lighter, maybe it's easier to protect, and I'm sure it's less expensive, so surely a couple of times a year, it doesn't require all this ink, and hate! Bob

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
12/30/12, 5:57 PM   #25
Jerry Shaw

As long as make them weigh in at the end of a race they do well in, it doesn't matter whether the tank is prism, pyramid, sphere, cube, etc. shaped.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5 members like this post: davidm, Modocer 57, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, Tim Watson
12/30/12, 6:09 PM   #26
Joe Kidd
Banned

Screw USAC, Outlaws and whatever series it is. Bring back the RWYB series.

12/30/12, 6:10 PM   #27
Todd Kimmel

Im not sure I understand why your griping? That tail tank didn't make him faster.... someone said you were calling it an aero advantage? Explain to me how this is an aero advantage indoors or a tiny track? And if that's not why you are griping then why?

Todd Kimmel

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Joe Kidd, Midget 89, Modocer 57
12/30/12, 6:36 PM   #28
RoS&S

A whole lot to be taken for granted. The racing may have been good. But lets me honest here, it's not the Chili Bowl and it's not USAC. Honestly the square tank looks like crap and I don't care who was running it. And yes I am aware of who was running them. They look like crap and obviously the don't help the car for crap either because it didn't finish either night, so it doesn't really matter for crap.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, Pedaltime61x
12/30/12, 7:48 PM   #29
LEADERS EDGE

The reason for a square tank is to place the weight over the rear and within the spring base to lessen the effect of fuel burn off verses handling. The same thing can basically be achieved with a regular style tank with foam inside of it or go old school and run a tank under a standard looking fiberglass shell. Actually it is an excellent idea and pretty effective. I don't see how it could in any way help aero dynamics with all of the things shielding it from the oncoming air unless it stuck above or beyond the confines behind the cockpit. Er....I mean that's dumb and it sucks and Sammy and Tony have ruined it for everyone etc...etc...etc...

3 members like this post: Isaac Chapple Racing, jdull99, team3521
12/30/12, 8:31 PM   #30
racefan20

Don I have a hard time believing you are so gullible. Its the same deal as Sammy at the Chili Bowl. They put that on there to grab your attention and then you dont see the real trick. Its kinda like this

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: team3521
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank