IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland
12/24/12, 2:04 AM   #31
Re: Dave Darland
awon24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
Black 71P. The one that jerry drove last year.

Posted via Mobile Device
And the one Billy drove the year before and didn't do so well in. Must have been old equipment.....

12/24/12, 6:57 AM   #32
Colin Casserley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
Hoping DD picks up a quality ride. Him and Elliott at Kokomo in '94 was where my addiction started, and it's been a great ride watching him ever since.
I remember that meeting (Show) as well Mark, a great race that has cost us both a lot of money in air travel since! Always kept a look out for Dave Darland since then.

3 members like this post: racefan20, racegal, randy j
12/24/12, 7:43 AM   #33
PAW

New T-shirts for granson and myself. Cool! Go DD!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: racegal
12/24/12, 8:53 AM   #34
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
New T-shirts for granson and myself. Cool! Go DD!

Posted via Mobile Device
YAY!! I hadn't thought of that yet! New shirts!

1 member likes this post:
12/24/12, 9:27 AM   #35
4wheelsinthekoosh

Then maybe that old blue car should have won the championship then if he beat me every week. And I would say my record stands for it self in the phillps car. We won the pville clash the gas city mid season doubler the 09 lps champ finshed 5th in kiss points and didnt go to the last race. Pretty sure we racked up atleast 10 or more wins in the year and half we were togther so my time there wasnt a bust. There good people and I wish dave and them the best. Hell I never said any thing about roy or his car but since YOU put it in in the category heres some knowledge Hopkins turned down paul and the 57 to keep driving the 42. So where does that put it on your list. I did get to drive the famed 53 won the first night out so I will take my chances in a great car vs your heros in junk everyday. If you have anymore question about my driving check out the drivers standings on this site you will see I ran a lot less races and still finished in the top 15. Nothing you say or nothing I say is going to change anyones mind here so have a Merry Christmas and when the season start come by the trailer for a free tshirt.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: dsp7, fish, Shawn Harper
12/24/12, 10:34 AM   #36
robert gatten

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
That was before he destroyed it five or six times. It was new then not worn out like it is now. Truth is a crashed worn out car is a crashed worn out car. Hell I have drove for paul. People are taking this as a shot at paul its not it was to state jon would not get into a car that isnt top notch. You guys can take shots at me I am fine with it. I speak my mind when most are biting there tongues I will lose fans for choices I make and things I say. There are very few who know me and thats okay. I would bet that very few fans really know (one on one) drivers they watch. Most racers try and be politically correct I have run sprint cars for 18 years I dont have to.

Posted via Mobile Device
There is so much wrong with this statement and attitude that i dare not speak my mind.

3 members like this post: huggypole, mtek56, PAW
12/24/12, 11:49 AM   #37
Gene Franckowiak

As a car owner, let me say this. My species is dying off and there are less and less of people like me every day. Talented drivers are finding it difficult to find a ride and a lot of young talent is sentenced to driving their own underfunded teams. What this sport needs is positive energy not negative thoughts. Paul Hazen is a very well respected car owner. I live in Pennsylvania and have heard tales of Paul's cars......how he has always done more with less. There was no need to bash Paul's equipment like that. Its great that Billy Puterbaugh Jr. thinks that because he raced for 18 years, it qualifies him to say whatever hurtful thing pops into his head. I have driven, owned, and sponsored sprint cars for 36 years and my equipment wasn't always good and drivers who thought like Billy made fun of it and me.......they all had a good laugh on Gene...called me "Junkyard Gene" and called my engines "Flea-Mar" because I bought parts at flea markets....a lot of drivers wouldn't drive my car because it wasn't good enough stuff for them.......well guess what times changed, my business boomed and now I have all top notch stuff and all the guys who thought my stuff was junk are lined up to drive it.....but Dave Ely, the only guy who believed in me, took my "junk" and over time worked with me to shape it into an awesome team and we have been together for 11 years....and alot of drivers who thought my stuff was junk are either not racing anymore or running a lower division.....so Billy Puterbaugh, Jr...........be careful what you say because life has a way of biting outspoken people in the ass......just a little advise from an old guy who has been bitten in the ass more than once
Last edited by Gene Franckowiak; 12/24/12 at 11:53 AM.

12/24/12, 12:10 PM   #38
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

This thread is such a perfect example of a good thread gone bad. It started out simply giving information on what a driver is going to do this year. It quickly degenerated into name calling and finger pointing. Can we have a little respect on here. If you want to trash talk, start your own thread, don't hijack another one.

12/24/12, 12:30 PM   #39
monkeyboy

A late December run for thread of the year?

Posted via Mobile Device

12/24/12, 12:37 PM   #40
4wheelsinthekoosh

Thread of the year might belong to "word around the campfire". But back of the real subject dave will win 8 to 10 races for steve and carla and they will have a great year.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: racegal
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland