IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala
2/10/20, 8:52 PM   #51
Hamby454

25th to 5th was Saturday not Sunday. And your telling me about one car one night. If you go to non wing and wing races consistently there is a lot more passing in non wing than winged. That’s not bashing anything, just facts. I grew up watching my dad race winged cars for several years. Hated it when Indiana first switched to non wing instead of weekly winged tracks but the on track action is consistently better than you’ll find in winged racing. Not saying you never see passing in winged but it’s a regular occurrence to see someone drive from the back in a non winged race. Not so much in a winged show.

5 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, oppweld, tirespinner, wallbanger II, WinglessLovers
2/10/20, 9:00 PM   #52
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Logan Schuchart started 2nd and finished first.

Just have to ask if Ocala was so bad for you Friday why would you go again on Saturday? Just so you could bash USAC on a forum?

Some of the car count was from FMR Racing owner passing away. Lost J-Mac and Bacon there. The three car team that T-Mez drives for chose not to spend the money to come and I understand that. Also Kunz has only three cars and CMR only has two on a regular basis. Car counts should be fine back closer to home.
Have family 20 miles west of Ocala so I went due to convenience, I go to Kokomo and gas city a couple times a year for non wing and it’s actually decent, USAC tends to struggle everywhere except for Indiana and Illinois, to me it seems non wing racing is regressing no progressing while winged is doing the exact opposite. Use to be the USAC NATIONAL series but now it seems to be the USAC Indiana Series.
Last edited by WingedFan2019; 2/10/20 at 9:42 PM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/10/20, 9:13 PM   #53
WingedFan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby454 View Post
25th to 5th was Saturday not Sunday. And your telling me about one car one night. If you go to non wing and wing races consistently there is a lot more passing in non wing than winged. That’s not bashing anything, just facts. I grew up watching my dad race winged cars for several years. Hated it when Indiana first switched to non wing instead of weekly winged tracks but the on track action is consistently better than you’ll find in winged racing. Not saying you never see passing in winged but it’s a regular occurrence to see someone drive from the back in a non winged race. Not so much in a winged show.
I’ve been to multiple Kokomo smack downs where the “hard charger” went from 13th to 9th, it seems in outlaws there’s always someone who gains 8+ positions at least, some people like real racing and some people like other forms of “racing” personal opinion

2/10/20, 9:41 PM   #54
NOSTINKINWINGS

Some people like to see them DRIVEN off the right rear.
Some people like to see them pointed using the left rear.
Just physics....

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, tirespinner
2/10/20, 9:52 PM   #55
Hamby454

Not really here to argue about it. It’s a sprint car, it’s cool. Seems your only purpose on this forum is to annoy traditional sprint car fans. Again I deal in facts not opinion. Your basing statements on “I think one time at Kokomo the hard charger”. Not my thing. Simply put over the course of a season(non wings is far shorter also) you’ll see better racing in non wing imo. I mean windom won from 10th Saturday at bubba. Even when someone passes cars in the wing stuff they are rarely in contention to win. Equipment is everything in the wing game. Not my thing, I prefer seeing someone getting up on the wheel and making making moves rather than having my 80 extra horse drive around someone because the cars are so tied down you can’t hardly out drive someone 🤷🏻
Last edited by Hamby454; 2/10/20 at 9:59 PM.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
2/10/20, 9:52 PM   #56
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
$42 is too high. as for the no passing Logan schuhart went from 25th to 5th in the feature that seems like a good amount of passing to me
Double file restarts also help.

2/10/20, 9:58 PM   #57
Hamby454

Don’t know if this was the night or not but one night didn’t they have about 8 cars with flat right rears as well?

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
2/10/20, 10:02 PM   #58
WingedFan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby454 View Post
Not really here to argue about it. It’s a sprint car, it’s cool. Seems your only purpose on this forum is to annoy traditional sprint car fans. Again I deal in facts not opinion. Your basing statements on “I think one time at Kokomo the hard charger”. Not my thing. Simply put over the course of a season(non wings is far shorter also) you’ll see better racing in non wing imo. I mean windom won from 10th Saturday a bubba. Even when someone passes cars in the wing stuff they are rarely in contention to win. Equipment is everything in the wing game. Not my thing, I prefer seeing someone getting up on the wheel and making making moves rather than having my 80 extra horse drive around someone because the cars are so tied down you can’t hardly out drive someone 🤷🏻
I’m not here to annoy anyone, it’s just when people On here try to knock winged racing I just have to state the truth. If non wing is so much better they should have higher attendance than winged races shouldn’t they? There is no top non wing event that comes close to Top wing events like Knoxville, kings royal, even Volusia. When that happens then you will have something to debate about. Guess you can stick to your non wing racing and I will stick to wing racing, have a good night

2/10/20, 10:10 PM   #59
Hamby454

Literally explained why, in my opinion, WoO draws larger fan counts. Maybe you can’t read. But hey, I tried.

2/10/20, 10:15 PM   #60
Hamby454

Ohhh and btw, I’ll bow dow to you the day a winged race gets 350+ cars like the chili bowl does. 😂

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala