IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gloomy Gus post
3/31/20, 1:30 PM   #11
Re: Gloomy Gus post
chathamracefan

One side benefit tho is that when the season starts, guys should have fresher equipment much later into the year than normal. Often times by July, guys start dropping off for the year due to crashes, blown engines, etc.

Can't grenade a high $ engine if it is sitting in the shop. About the only benefit I can come up with tho. I am supposed to go to Eldora for the Dream in early June & I am guessing that will get postponed or cancelled. We shall see.

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
3/31/20, 6:37 PM   #12
racenut69

Gonna be at least May 1 in Illinois,the stay at home order has been extended to April 30th....

1 member likes this post: jdull99
3/31/20, 6:51 PM   #13
ossuks

With the information just released it would surprise me if we had racing by mid July!

4 members like this post: jdull99, Ken Bonnema, Speedmax3, tirespinner
3/31/20, 6:53 PM   #14
Speedmax3

I want to be optimistic about this year but I think we have to be realistic also. My personal opinion is we won't be racing until at least June 1 and I would give that a 50/50 chance. In the news conference I heard today they are saying they think this virus will start peaking somewhere between April 15 and the first to the middle of May. The governor said when he starts releasing restrictions it will be gradually so that wouldn't begin at least until the end of whats in place April 30. There is an Indy car race rescheduled for July so I feel like the state will try if possible to lift the sanctions by then to try to start recouping some of that economic impact.

4 members like this post: jdull99, PJ Wright, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
3/31/20, 7:40 PM   #15
axman897

I have a good feeling June will see some restrictions opening up. If you look at the virus, it hits hard, and then starts to fall off. One of the best charts I have seen is https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections. Has been pretty accurate so far. Again, the health and safety of our brothers and sisters come first. We will get our racing in. Cheers!

5 members like this post: billw, PJ Wright, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, Will Shunk
3/31/20, 9:24 PM   #16
Rapid Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
One side benefit tho is that when the season starts, guys should have fresher equipment much later into the year than normal. Often times by July, guys start dropping off for the year due to crashes, blown engines, etc.

Can't grenade a high $ engine if it is sitting in the shop. About the only benefit I can come up with tho. I am supposed to go to Eldora for the Dream in early June & I am guessing that will get postponed or cancelled. We shall see.
Pretty sure this old race fan will stay fresh later in the season this year as well.

4/1/20, 10:18 AM   #17
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman897 View Post
I have a good feeling June will see some restrictions opening up. If you look at the virus, it hits hard, and then starts to fall off. One of the best charts I have seen is https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections. Has been pretty accurate so far. Again, the health and safety of our brothers and sisters come first. We will get our racing in. Cheers!
Great chart Axman. Thanks for sharing!

2 members like this post: tirespinner, Will Shunk
4/1/20, 11:41 AM   #18
stoney

Did you think about; If the seats would have enough people there ? I`m sure the pits would be (OK) THINK LIKE A PROMOTER

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/2/20, 7:36 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

All I know is, That if and when the tracks open up, I don't want to see any of them toilets clogged with TP!

Hope this post finds everyone healthy and well

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gloomy Gus post