IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Carber to race selected usac midget events for hayward
2/18/21, 7:40 PM   #1
Usac: Carber to race selected usac midget events for hayward
admin

2/18/21 2:50 PM CARBER TO RACE SELECTED USAC MIDGET EVENTS FOR HAYWARD

More...

CARBER TO RACE SELECTED USAC MIDGET EVENTS FOR HAYWARD

Speedway, Indiana (February 18, 2021)………Brian Carber has teamed with Hayward Motorsports to compete in selected events throughout the 2021 USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midget season starting with the pairing’s first outing in the April 9-10 T-Town Midget Showdown at Tulsa, Oklahoma’s Port City Raceway.

Carber, from Pipersville, Pa., has been a standout in micro sprints, recently reigning victorious in both the Stock Non-Wing and Winged A-Class A-Mains at the Tulsa Shootout earlier this year.

Carber broke through nationally just prior to that by scoring the victory in last November’s $15,000-to-win KKM Giveback Classic at Millbridge Speedway in North Carolina.* Given the choice to accept the prize money or a ride with the Keith Kunz/Curb-Agajanian Motorsports team for the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals, Carber opted for the money.

However, through a groundswell of fan support, a GoFundMe was set up to put him in the KKM ride for the prestigious January indoor midget racing event.* Carber had a fine showing during his midget racing debut, finishing 12th in his preliminary night feature, then finished 12th in the C-Main on the final night.

Now, Carber will jump into the potent Hayward midget, a team which has collected a total of six victories in USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midget competition, twice with Bryan Clauson in 2016 and four times with Tanner Thorson in 2020.* That has Carber highly anticipating this opportunity.

“(I’m) looking forward to running the Brodie and Sarah Hayward owned, B & H Contractors midget throughout this season with Austin Wenrich as crew chief as well as multiple other supporters,” Carber said.* “Hayward Motorsports has been one of the top teams in USAC for the last few seasons and the car showing up 100% nightly will never be in question.”

The Chili Bowl served as Carber’s indoctrination to the midget side of racing where he admits he learned quite a bit and anticipates the learning curve to be eased somewhat with the people and crew that surround him on this team.

“(I) learned a lot about midget racing and can only get better racing night after night with the Brodie Hayward owned team,” Carber stated.* “Finding feel and momentum should come easy working with Austin.* We have known and worked together for years (in) various dirt open wheel racing (series).”

While Carber, also the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum 2013 360 c.i. Sprint Car Rookie of the Year, relishes the chance to compete in midgets, team owner Brodie Hayward also shares the same sentiments, and sees a lot of upside with what he brings to the team.

“(We’re) excited to give the Brian the opportunity to race with us.* I see tremendous potential in his driving ability, and I cannot wait to see what he does over selected events this season.”

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Carber to race selected usac midget events for hayward