Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jim Clark
3/6/21, 3:44 PM   #11
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Thanks for the photos Stephen!

3/6/21, 5:32 PM   #12
Static

I attended the 1965 500 for the first time also. My mother drew Jimmy’s name is a pool and won. I was 10 and had no idea who he was. But remembered him after he made my mother “rich”. Thanks for the pictures.

3/7/21, 4:54 AM   #13
Blackduce

A great role model for kids.
Anybody remember Jim watching from the pits at the Indy Mile? He seemed thrilled to be there. Even sat in a few cars.

Lynn

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jonboat15, ronmil, Stephen Cording
3/7/21, 5:36 AM   #14
Re: Jim Clark
Stephen Cording

1965 Indy 500 Winners Cup

1965Indy500Cup.jpg

3/7/21, 5:39 AM   #15
Stephen Cording

Samurai Helmet Trophy awarded to Jim for his participation in the Japan USAC promotion tour following the Indy 500.

SamuraiHelmetTrophy.jpg

3/9/21, 3:32 PM   #16
Bubzilla

My favorite story about Jim Clark is from Andy Granatelli's "Mr. 500" book.

He talks of Jim getting ready to go out for qualifying for the 1966 Indy 500 in one of the STP Lotus cars. Andy always had a habit of yanking on the driver's seat belts to make sure they were tight before they went out. Jim is in the car ready to go with Andy and a USAC official standing are right next to the car. Andy reaches down to yank on the belt and before he can reach it, Jim grabs his hand and doesn't say a word, but stares him hard right in the eyes. Andy didn't know what it was all about, but let it be. Jim went out and qualified somewhere in the front 3 rows.

When he pulled back in, it was discovered that the seat belt had broken when Jim was fastening it. Instead of getting rattled, he tucked it under his leg to look like it was fastened.

That there people, is a huge set of balls.
Last edited by Bubzilla; 3/9/21 at 3:35 PM.

3/9/21, 5:08 PM   #17
Ratso

Thank you Stephen.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, Stephen Cording
3/9/21, 5:31 PM   #18
i love dirt track racing

Thanks for the great pictures and information. Stephen. Hopefully that things will work out for you guys to get back over here and enjoy the great things that you both love. We missed seeing you both walking into the tracks and having a talk with you both. Thanks.
Last edited by i love dirt track racing; 3/9/21 at 5:32 PM.

5 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, mc/rider, ronmil, Stephen Cording
3/10/21, 2:21 PM   #19
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Thanks for the great pictures and information. Stephen. Hopefully that things will work out for you guys to get back over here and enjoy the great things that you both love. We missed seeing you both walking into the tracks and having a talk with you both. Thanks.

Likewise my friend. We've both had our first COVID vaccinations and hopefully, as things progress we can get back to your side of the pond, just as long as the airfare isn't out of our reach once international travel resumes, I can see a supply and demand situation. But we're cross that bridge once we get there.
Realistically thinking my long shot would be Smackdown if not the 2022 Chili Bowl before we get our next fix. 2020 was a bad cold turkey experience, I'm braced for 2021 to be a repeat.

Thank you FloRacing.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, mc/rider, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jim Clark