IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrandonT30 (Offline)
  #1 5/22/12 10:54 PM
Logan Jarrett gets crashed out of heat race 4 on the final lap.
You Tube Video
fish (Offline)
  #2 5/23/12 2:01 AM
Was there and watched the whole thing. A couple of fans used some words that aren't suited for here.
Logan Jarrett looks like he's came a long way.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
reeserx (Online)
  #3 5/23/12 2:18 AM
He was very very fast, I think he would of made some noise come feature time but I'm sure he will get another chance..I still don't like that move at all..all for a heat race win

Posted via Mobile Device
Double0 (Offline)
  #4 5/23/12 3:13 AM
That's racin' folks!

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: koolaid89, Mattvp52
J.D. (Offline)
  #5 5/23/12 7:16 AM
Originally Posted by Double0:
That's racin' folks!

Posted via Mobile Device
sorry dude but you're wrong! thats SAD! Windom has enough wheel time to know that his huge slider wasn't gonna make the pass clean. There's such a thing as brakes, lifting a lil, and respect for other racers.
15 Likes: 11Chaudion, 38DD, babcock14d, dirtnonwingfan, interpreter66, Jimmydiesel, Kansasdirtfan, midget96, Motormasher, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, racefan20, spicoli
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 5/23/12 7:25 AM
Not blaming anyone, But there is also the crossover move in which the slidy gets out of it a bit early and shoots under the slider as he's gathering it up..

Just a bum deal here But I've seen that type action I mention above several times a lap at some shows.

Charles Nungester
backitin
  #7 5/23/12 7:46 AM
opp's, I betcha he was sure he was going to hook up and get under him. I couldnt imagine him banging wheels like that and hoping he was going to not get tangled up. If you havent gotten carried away by excitement and done something a little stupid, you aint raced long enuff.
2 Likes: 38DD, koolaid89
J.D. (Offline)
  #8 5/23/12 7:51 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Not blaming anyone, But there is also the crossover move in which the slidy gets out of it a bit early and shoots under the slider as he's gathering it up..

Just a bum deal here But I've seen that type action I mention above several times a lap at some shows.
Ya I know what you're saying, but that is when the slider has you're front end cleared. This film don't lie, Windom wasn't even close enough to attempt the slider and not even close to clearing the front end. No excuses here uless Windom lost his brakes. I don't know Windom, but I did see him stuff another racer into a push truck after the checkers at TSS. I say he was getting his butt kicked by an upcoming racer and had an attitude!
2 Likes: interpreter66, scott bradley1x
RGraves (Offline)
  #9 5/23/12 8:12 AM
Not sure what is going on with Windom. He doesn't seem to have the mojo that he had last year. Seems like he has been a "also ran" most of the year....
Shawn (Offline)
  #10 5/23/12 9:16 AM
I've watched the video more than once. My thoughts, it was just a racing deal. Even though at first I thought Windom was totally at fault.

I do agree that there was no way that Windom would have pulled off a clean slide job on him. So, maybe he just should have just taken what he could. However, it appears that Windom is done with his slide right before they make contact. There's some slightly thicker (for lack of a better term) dirt where he is running. Also, Jarrett is off the cushion right before contact. Almost as if he's getting an angle off the final corner. If he's on the cushion, I think they get close, but don't touch. I think both could have done something different, especially Windom, and this wouldn't have happened. They're racers, going for the win every single time they're on the track. That's why we're fans...