IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #11 1/23/23 9:55 PM
Originally Posted by Daisy's dad:
I noticed that the USAC/CRA two-day show at Cocopah Speedway in Somerton, AZ this coming weekend is not on the Flo schedule either. Instead, it is being broadcast live by Speedsport TV. The same program at Cocopah last January was a three-day show, which I attended. If my memory is correct, when I returned home I was able to watch all three days on Flo as a complete program. Does this mean that Flo will not be live streaming any of the USAC/CRA shows in 2023?
I dont think your memory is correct. I remember it being on SpeedSport TV last year and asking why. Pretty sure Cocopah has a deal with SpeedsportTV

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #12 1/24/23 12:22 PM
I believe at one point last year Richie Murray commented on a post that the FloRacing deal with USAC is ONLY for National events. So if an event is a co-sanction (such as Cocopah and Perris last November) they will be broadcast, but if it is does not have the National sanction it will not.

Now, that still does not completely explain why the Volusia races have not shown up on the Flo schedule. Maybe because they are not points paying events, just “Special Event” status?
Daisy's dad (Offline)
  #13 1/24/23 12:38 PM
The only race last year at Perris that was co-sanctioned with the National series was the Oval Nationals. I recall watching other Perris USAC/CRA races on Flo throughout the summer.

5 Likes: Charles Nungester, erich45, flagboy55, spankytoo, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #14 1/24/23 2:34 PM
I have never seen Flo or USAC advertise anything but the National races.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #15 1/24/23 3:51 PM
I watched several USAC/CRA races on flo last year, About the time I get home from Burg they're already heat racing. I also seen a few USAC East Coast events on Flo.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Daisy's dad, erich45, flagboy55
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #16 1/24/23 8:13 PM
I agree with Dad and Chuck. Can’t say they were all on but I watched a few
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Daisy's dad, erich45