IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Different winners in USAC
6/17/18, 3:42 PM   #21
Re: Different winners in USAC
Backitin

Could be worse, were into the mx nationals and for whatever reason there always seems to be one guy that's faster then everyone else. This year its Eli Tomac, if he gets a good start forget it he's gone. If he gets a bad start you get to see him cut thru the pack and its a good race till he takes the lead. In mx theres no solution we all start even up forty across, with sprintcars it is possible to start the fast guys back in the pack.

6/17/18, 3:46 PM   #22
Kydehart

Honestly, my biggest gripe is the B main transfers getting their time back. That's it. I love single car qualifying. Drawing and group qualifying is not my cup of tea. I get it, just don't like it. Single car TT are a thing of beauty and should always exist at the top forms of racing.

7 members like this post: fish, interpreter66, oppweld, ROSS, Simon_says17, sp6967, TQ29m
6/17/18, 5:06 PM   #23
TQ29m

Mine also, our organization snuck that in one season, till all the fillers figured it out, that's a bunch of hooie, that automatically makes the B a non race, except for a few, then you're just more or less wasting the effort, I always preferred one at a time qualifying, it gave me one more chance at the track, and the changes I had made, to see if I needed something else. Put me in the hat with the qualifiers, deciding the field. Bob

1 member likes this post: Kydehart
6/17/18, 5:15 PM   #24
captrat

Do we ever get tired of tinkering from the stands? I have to all 4 of the first nights of Eastern Storm. My only criticism is the car count. No not 50, but at least 28 for a full program. I doubt this will change for long tow distances from Indiana and half mile tracks. USAC has hitched it's wagon to Indiana regional racers, nothing against them but they are not going to tow long distances and run half miles. A mixed blessing!

8 members like this post: Bill Angel, duel, fish, Jbaldwin, PIT CART, Rpracing1, sp6967, TQ29m
6/17/18, 8:20 PM   #25
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Do we ever get tired of tinkering from the stands? I have to all 4 of the first nights of Eastern Storm. My only criticism is the car count. No not 50, but at least 28 for a full program. I doubt this will change for long tow distances from Indiana and half mile tracks. USAC has hitched it's wagon to Indiana regional racers, nothing against them but they are not going to tow long distances and run half miles. A mixed blessing!
Could the reasoning be that Indiana and west coast are about only places that are wingless?

6/17/18, 9:40 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierboy3 View Post
Maybe we could put restrictor plates on them, and have three 10 lap stages in the A. 😂
I was thinking more along the lines of Push to Pass buttons and wave arounds.

1 member likes this post: fish
6/17/18, 9:46 PM   #27
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Thomas Jr.,Windom,Bacon,and Courtney.Does anyone else win in USAC sprint cars.🤣It seems if you don’t qualify in top six forget about it.If these guys are in top six forget about it.It is becoming rather predictable.Maybe time for a format change.Opinions on alternatives and getting your time back if you transfer through semi.Never understood that one.
and ballou

6/17/18, 9:58 PM   #28
BrentTFunk

Maybe I have it wrong, but I thought if you came through the B you could start no better than 7.

5 members like this post: duel, erich45, fish, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd
6/17/18, 10:35 PM   #29
flagboy55

Count me in with Funk. Used to be if you transferred through the B you got your time back so if you were 6th fast, missed it in your heat you could still get the pole. A number of years ago they changed it to where if you got in via semi best you could start was 7th. The way I understand it, let's say the rest of the top 6 made it through their heats and so did the 7th, so now 7th starts on pole and 6th who came out of the consi starts 7th. I might be wrong but that's what I was thinking

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, racinrich
6/17/18, 10:46 PM   #30
duel

You are correct Brent on the transfers. I can remember when Poncho won too much and Tommy B. won all the time for a record in a season. Usac has a great bunch of traveling drivers now. Only dirt but hey I miss the old days of pavement being part of the championship. They are running big tracks in PA that's not for everyone these days. I'm looking to go out east next year for this tour.
Last edited by duel; 6/17/18 at 10:47 PM. Reason: no resason

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, oppweld, tamati
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Different winners in USAC