IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Different winners in USAC
6/17/18, 11:43 AM   #11
Re: Different winners in USAC
BrentTFunk

I think USAC has the best format of any group or track. Sometimes guys are just good or others have trouble.

6/17/18, 11:46 AM   #12
hoosierboy3

Maybe we could put restrictor plates on them, and have three 10 lap stages in the A. 😂

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Can26, oppweld
6/17/18, 11:52 AM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

DK, I was indeed talking about the outlaw format without the double file restarts. You don't finish top two in the heat, you don't get top six or eight start in the feature.

It also provides another race. for the top three or four rows. This would basically force a person in third to race for second or he's getting hurt in feature start position. Sure the race for the transfer is usually very exciting to watch. But when there isn't enough for a consi. the heat races don't even matter. Your going to get your qualifying spot for the feature so why race in the heat?

Also noticed at Williams Grove, USAC running 8 lap heats while their normal show ran 10

I said it earlier the best are going to get up front anyway, would just like to see it be more possible for locals to compete or at least want to compete with them.

I think it was Tim Clauson who said every format is a game. If you have the talent, the one who plays the game the best, wins.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/17/18 at 12:01 PM.

2 members like this post: cwfan08, oppweld
6/17/18, 1:04 PM   #14
Kirk Spridgeon

I’ve only missed a couple USAC races in the last 10-12 years, and I don’t think I remember anyone actually watching the USAC heat races and saying they weren’t racing hard enough.

The level it takes to win right now is insanely high. Appreciate it.

6/17/18, 1:05 PM   #15
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
DK, I was indeed talking about the outlaw format without the double file restarts. You don't finish top two in the heat, you don't get top six or eight start in the feature.

It also provides another race. for the top three or four rows. This would basically force a person in third to race for second or he's getting hurt in feature start position. Sure the race for the transfer is usually very exciting to watch. But when there isn't enough for a consi. the heat races don't even matter. Your going to get your qualifying spot for the feature so why race in the heat?

Also noticed at Williams Grove, USAC running 8 lap heats while their normal show ran 10

I said it earlier the best are going to get up front anyway, would just like to see it be more possible for locals to compete or at least want to compete with them.

I think it was Tim Clauson who said every format is a game. If you have the talent, the one who plays the game the best, wins.
"But when there isn't enough for a consi. the heat races don't even matter.'.... exactly. Thats what bugs me too.

6/17/18, 1:12 PM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

"Also noticed at Williams Grove, USAC running 8 lap heats while their normal show ran 10"
USAC rules state that for tracks over 3/8s, they run 8 lap heats

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/17/18, 1:19 PM   #17
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Thomas Jr.,Windom,Bacon,and Courtney.Does anyone else win in USAC sprint cars.🤣It seems if you don’t qualify in top six forget about it.If these guys are in top six forget about it.It is becoming rather predictable.Maybe time for a format change.Opinions on alternatives and getting your time back if you transfer through semi.Never understood that one.

I guess the other 20 cars had best ramp up their programs to the level of these guys.

Maybe you could be a significant sponsor and help one of these teams to that level. What say?

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
6/17/18, 3:18 PM   #18
hoosier race fan

Race format - group qualifying, split into 4 heat races. Top 5 in each group are inverted for the heats.

Heats will be 10-12 laps depending on track size (12 laps for 1/3 mile or smaller, 10 laps for 3/8 mile or larger), with the top 4 finishers transferring to the A-Main.

Top 2 finishers in each heat get their qualifying time back, so the front 4 rows of the A will be rewarded for a fast qualifying time and racing into the top 2 of their heat. No BS redraw. No dash - the extra laps on equipment and on the track are unnecessary.

Finishers in positions 3 and 4 of the heats (or all positions outside the top 2 if the car count is low and all cars transfer) will lineup by their finishing order in rows 5-8 of the A, and will not get their time back. This will force fast qualifiers to race in the heats and reward those that move up compared to those that just try to transfer.

If there are enough cars for a B-Main, it will be 12 laps and transfer the top 4. Transfers will lineup in the last 2 rows of the feature by their B-Main ffinishing order. Any provisionals will start behind them.

If there is a large car count, run 2 B-Mains with finishers 5-10 from heats/groups 1 and 2 in B-Main 1, and finishers 5-10 from heats/groups 3 and 4 in B-Main 2. Take the top 2 out of each.
Last edited by hoosier race fan; 6/17/18 at 3:24 PM.

6/17/18, 3:18 PM   #19
david mitchell
Banned

I am fan of sport,not association or entity entrusted to keep it healthy and keep car counts up..Not my job,I pay my money when I buy ticket.The prior post is correct however,when not enough cars for semi,no urgency for heat race performance.

6/17/18, 3:30 PM   #20
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I am fan of sport,not association or entity entrusted to keep it healthy and keep car counts up..Not my job,I pay my money when I buy ticket.The prior post is correct however,when not enough cars for semi,no urgency for heat race performance.
No urgency for heat races????
They're racers there is always urgency no matter what is at stake!!

1 member likes this post: bsmith8
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Different winners in USAC