IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC/L. Jones penalty
10/25/12, 10:52 AM   #41
Re: USAC/L. Jones penalty
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
I wasn't there (At the hearing) but remember what I said & got hammered for by Funk & Vukie???
Sprinterfan, Would Levi's season been over If this didn't happen. If his neck was that bad it should have been taken care of earlier because all it would have taken is a wrong hit or bump & he could have been in a wheel chair or dead.
Ya all don't seem so hip on ol Tony all of a sudden.
I didn't say a freakin' word about this matter. I didn't attend "The Smackdown", so I had nothing to post.

Get your freakin' facts correct, I didn't say one damn word about the wreck.

10/25/12, 1:03 PM   #42
Danny Burton

Sprintcarfanatic: Please provide a link to the post where Vukie and/or Mr. Funk hammered you, as you put it.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

10/25/12, 1:07 PM   #43
Vukie

Even in phone conversations with Merrillville Al, I told him that I had no opinion on the matter since I wasn't there and hadn't seen the wreck.

10/25/12, 6:05 PM   #44
Sprintcarfanatic

It was toward me about what I said on this board. You go back & read it. If you THOUGHT I said you said anything about the wreck maybe you better go back & re read what was said. I think calling someone PURE GENIUS is getting hammered to some extint. It all boils down to what was said in those threads & in this one. How I started this thread about how I wasn't there was the same way I started my post in the original thread & Funk said You got 1 thing right you wasn't there. Then I said some things about boycotting USAC & Vukie jumped in & said some things & about throwing USAC out of there own race, Pure Genius. I did think that some would remember other post's about the WRECK thread but maybe they are to old & senile. Find that thread & read it Mr. Burton & you'll find I never said anything out of the way to either 1 of those fella's. 1 more thing it was the consensus of the folks in that thread & in this 1 that I was talking about boycotting USAC because of the stuff I heard over the years on calls & they sure as hell didn't dissapoint with Ballou earlier in the year & then doing this did they ??

10/25/12, 6:31 PM   #45
addictedtodirt

I was there. Sitting in 1 and watched it all. Levi ran him up the track and the results were bad all around. But what I can't get my head around is how USAC gives a penalty and then reniggs on it. Where is the consistancy? Ballou gets probation and Levi gets no penalty? I know they were two seperate incidents, but should be explained to the avaerage fan as to why one driver is treated differently than another. Again, consistency please, and a no BS explaination of the ruling.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: mowerman
10/25/12, 7:11 PM   #46
Vukie

Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
I wasn't there & glad to hear the fella's are alright. Here's my thing, I've been hearing about how bad USAC is & if it is that bad drivers & fans need to quit going to USAC shows & they will be a has been Sanction & something else will surely be put in place fairly quickly. Say this here Smackdown deal, Fans should have let the promoter/track know that they would not show up if this was USAC sanctioned. If it were the same track, drivers & such would you the fan still go if it wasn't sanctioned, Hell yeah I would have & you would have too. So if they don't do nothin to Levi here's your chance to do something about it !!!!!!

" {Jason]McCord went on to explain how his idea came to fruition.

“Like I said, we [USAC] put on a great show,” he explained. “Myself and Kirk Spridgeon were tossing around ideas and the Smackdown format came up..... Whenever we first came up with the format the next thing was getting on the phone and making some calls,” McCord stated. “So, I called up Reese [O’Connor, of the local track] and was expecting to have to work on him to get him on board. Within about a minute or two of talking to him about it, he was completely on board."

USAC came up with the idea of "The Sprint Car Smackdown" and yet we have people on this forum trying to kick USAC out the race that they thought up. Pure genius!

http://kokomotribune.com/sports/x946186112/BOWMAN-Kokomo-Speedway-set-for-huge-3-day-show

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=62416&page=8

I'll never figure out why people who didn't attend that weekend have a opinion on the event. Again, USAC came with the idea for this race and even though you were not there, you put your two cents into and I called you on that post.

In this thread, you posted:

"Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic
I wasn't there (At the hearing) but remember what I said & got hammered for by Funk & Vukie???
Sprinterfan, Would Levi's season been over If this didn't happen. If his neck was that bad it should have been taken care of earlier because all it would have taken is a wrong hit or bump & he could have been in a wheel chair or dead.
Ya all don't seem so hip on ol Tony all of a sudden"

I didn't "hammered" you about the wreck, I "hammered" you about your comments of kicking USAC as the sanctioning body of "The Smackdown".

I have to go bed now, I'm "old & senile".

10/25/12, 9:08 PM   #47
Sprintcarfanatic

Vukie, I did not mean to make it sound that way about the event as much as what happened at the event. I even said so in another post on the subject in the other thread that was directed to you. I was only using the Smackdown as an example. Even if that weekend was not sanctioned by USAC people would still had attended it. Like the Hewitt Classic, To me that was a big deal in the talent that was there & it not being sanctioned by anybody. That is also why I started the other thread above about I Wasn't There. Thought you'd see the humor in that instead of going off. I still don't see where I said you said anything about the wreck either.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC/L. Jones penalty