IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Possible Indoor Race for Lightning Sprints
10/30/14, 1:35 PM   #1
Possible Indoor Race for Lightning Sprints
Avon Open Wheel fan

First off this would be a non Sanctioned non wing race. Just got off the phone with Steve Nace who promotes the indoor races at the Dequoin IL indoor races the the Southern IL fairgrounds during the winter. He told me that if I can get enough drivers to commit to racing he will have 600 or 1000cc Non Sanctioned Lightning Sprints to the schedule.

The first race he has offered would be on the day after Thanksgiving. I know that this is a holiday weekend but I need to know if there is enough interest.

If you would like to race please let me know either by posting on here, sending me an private message on here or sending me an email jdtinder@indy.rr.com

www.illinimidgets.com

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
10/30/14, 3:04 PM   #2
Re: Possible Indoor Race for Lightning Sprints
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

Will be at the MIRS indoor race at Kellogg Arena in Battle Creek, Michigan that weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestIndo...type=1&theater

Bill

10/30/14, 11:38 PM   #3
Tom23

We had fun at the last DuQuoin race and are looking forward to racing there again. Having said that, the day after Thanksgiving is a no go for us. Hopefully there will be other dates.

10/31/14, 11:18 AM   #4
Avon Open Wheel fan

If the Thanksgiving date does not work I will see what other dates are open for this winter would anyone be interested in other dates this winter?

www.illinimidgets.com

2 members like this post: DAD, Tom23
10/31/14, 1:00 PM   #5
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
If the Thanksgiving date does not work I will see what other dates are open for this winter would anyone be interested in other dates this winter?
Jay

We raced at Du Quoin last year and had a ball. These people really know how to run an indoor show. I haven't talked to Doug yet but I would be ready to go.

Last year they started just a little later trying to put on a race for us and after two or three delays for Blizzards they finally got the race off in March. Most promoters would have given up but these guys did exactly what they said they were going to do.

The car count was a little low, consisting mostly of cars from the ILSS and AMSA with just a few MMSA racers present.

The track held up real well and was a tight and racy Bull Ring the entire show, they did a great job working the track.

I understand that this group races almost every weekend at Du Quoin through the winter with Go Karts, Flat track Motorcycles and anything that races.

I would suggest contacting Rodger with the ILSS and Jerry with the AMSA and getting their support also. It could be Billed as a more of a fun race for us where we might move around and visit a little, that is what we did last year.

For you guys in Missouri, it wouldn't be that far of a haul for you guys either. Du Quoin is pretty central to a lot of Racers.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/31/14 at 1:02 PM.

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, Racenit
10/31/14, 3:42 PM   #6
Avon Open Wheel fan

[QUOTE=DAD;396833]Jay

We raced at Du Quoin last year and had a ball. These people really know how to run an indoor show. I haven't talked to Doug yet but I would be ready to go.

Last year they started just a little later trying to put on a race for us and after two or three delays for Blizzards they finally got the race off in March. Most promoters would have given up but these guys did exactly what they said they were going to do.

The car count was a little low, consisting mostly of cars from the ILSS and AMSA with just a few MMSA racers present.

The track held up real well and was a tight and racy Bull Ring the entire show, they did a great job working the track.

I understand that this group races almost every weekend at Du Quoin through the winter with Go Karts, Flat track Motorcycles and anything that races.

I would suggest contacting Rodger with the ILSS and Jerry with the AMSA and getting their support also. It could be Billed as a more of a fun race for us where we might move around and visit a little, that is what we did last year.

For you guys in Missouri, it wouldn't be that far of a haul for you guys either. Du Quoin is pretty central to a lot of Racers.

Honest Dad [/QUO

Thank you for the contact names I will try to reach them both. If this can work out we could hold a few races over the winter months.

www.illinimidgets.com

1 member likes this post: Tom23
11/2/14, 9:07 PM   #7
bobby01

Does anyone know if this race is going to happen? Need info on times for move in and times for race.
I would really like to go but have to make arrangements to take off work.
Bobby Layne
2014 Midwest Lightning Sprint Champion

11/2/14, 10:40 PM   #8
Avon Open Wheel fan

I am supposed to get back with the promoter on Monday. Once he gives me the info I will post everything on here and the MMSA facebook page.

www.illinimidgets.com

1 member likes this post: bn kleen
11/4/14, 9:13 AM   #9
bobby01

Any information yet?
I've got to know something real soon so I can go.
Bobby Layne

1 member likes this post: oldfan49
11/4/14, 12:21 PM   #10
Avon Open Wheel fan

I am waiting on the payout and additional info to be emailed. Was told I would be getting the email today. Once I get it I will post it. I know it will not be a large purse since he has no sponsors. It will be more of a fun race just to give everyone a chance to race some this winter.

www.illinimidgets.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Possible Indoor Race for Lightning Sprints