IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford Speedway Sold
10/30/14, 1:53 PM   #1
Hartford Speedway Sold
Stevensville Mike

Heard it from a bud and saw this on their facebook page. Tim is the guy who was leasing it/running it this past season. Good crowds all year long. Hope it continues:

It is official. ...Tim and Leah Dibble are the new owners of Hartford Speedway. Thank you again to all the drivers, fans, sponsors, staff, and volunteers! See you all in 2015.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, turn4
10/30/14, 2:01 PM   #2
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Heard it from a bud and saw this on their facebook page. Tim is the guy who was leasing it/running it this past season. Good crowds all year long. Hope it continues:

It is official. ...Tim and Leah Dibble are the new owners of Hartford Speedway. Thank you again to all the drivers, fans, sponsors, staff, and volunteers! See you all in 2015.
Dude old news. He was leasing to buy this year. Tim Dibble is the new owner. His first year was a good one. Thanks to him Hartford will be open for the forcible future.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, fish
10/31/14, 2:14 AM   #3
Re: Hartford Speedway Sold
oljonesy

wat do forcible b meanin?

10/31/14, 12:17 PM   #4
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oljonesy View Post
wat do forcible b meanin?
New owner Tim Dibble wants to keep this place open as long as possible. Heard he also owns the Thunderbird Speedway in Michigan as well < not sure on that. Nice guy and great staff. Hope the can make the best of it. I saw him at Plymouth a few weeks ago and said their going to try and work with the Plymouth Speedway.

10/31/14, 12:22 PM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
,,,Heard he also owns the Thunderbird Speedway in Michigan as well < not sure on that.
Thanks for the info, Nathan. Somehow I have a feeling T-Bird will be a rougher row to hoe than Hartford. Nonetheless, I hope he pulls it off. A least SOMEONE is showing interest in T-Bird.

2 members like this post: Can26, PIT CART
10/31/14, 4:27 PM   #6
Can26

T-bird is/was a neat LITTLE track, just a little ... uhmm , rustic.
:-)

10/31/14, 5:33 PM   #7
nathans1012

Would love to see the USAC Silver Crown Cars race there. It's a big wide open track with room to RACE. Maybe do an open wheel night with the Silver Crown, SOD 360 Wing Sprints, and UMP Modifieds.

11/3/14, 7:54 PM   #8
Spi-nex

Ok... Since I'm the guy who works directly for Tim Dibble and Hartford Speedway and formerly Thunderbird Raceway, I can safely say that Dibble has absolutely NOTHING to do with Thunderbird Raceway in Muskegon, MI. Any rumors on that are completely false.

The current owners of Thunderbird LIVE in Hartford, MI, but have no affiliation with Tim Dibble or Hartford Speedway.

Someone could buy T-Bird on the cheap.... (I talk with the owners every day).

As for Hartford & USAC... the problem with Michigan is that hardly anyone even knows what USAC is let alone a Silver Crown car.. (sadly).

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
11/3/14, 10:22 PM   #9
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
Ok... Since I'm the guy who works directly for Tim Dibble and Hartford Speedway and formerly Thunderbird Raceway, I can safely say that Dibble has absolutely NOTHING to do with Thunderbird Raceway in Muskegon, MI. Any rumors on that are completely false.

The current owners of Thunderbird LIVE in Hartford, MI, but have no affiliation with Tim Dibble or Hartford Speedway.

As for Hartford & USAC... the problem with Michigan is that hardly anyone even knows what USAC is let alone a Silver Crown car.. (sadly).
Well thanks for setting that one strait for me. Was told different. Would still love to see a silver crown race there. Think it could be a great show. Think Hartford has a good fan base and would support the race.

1 member likes this post: Spi-nex
11/4/14, 10:13 AM   #10
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post

The USAC midgets ran Hartford a couple times in the early 1960's. Saw Parnelli Jones and Jim Hurtibise compete one night. Think the sprints have been there, also.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford Speedway Sold